"How We Got Gay" Documentary 2015

Steven_Draker
This topic is 3215 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I haven't looked at it. But from the screen capture showing, I'm tired of looking at gay men who look like Adonis. I totally empathize why they talk about women getting inferiority complexes from all the models thrown at them on TV/Magazines/Movies.

Gman

I haven't looked at it. But from the screen capture showing, I'm tired of looking at gay men who look like Adonis. I totally empathize why they talk about women getting inferiority complexes from all the models thrown at them on TV/Magazines/Movies.

Gman

I can relate. I don't so much mind when the subject matter calls for it, but the under-representation of different body types, ages, and races in media about gay men can be discouraging. I had to laugh as I watched (mostly in fast forward) the local television coverage of the San Francisco Pride Parade. Who were their emcees? A youngish, slender Asian American woman; "Davey Wavy" (a young, white bodybuilder, for those who don't know him); a slender looking young guy with an Aussie accent; and a slender, not-so-young, white drag queen. Why did I laugh? Because their commentaries frequently stressed the wonderful diversity in our community, even though the people who select the emcees clearly favorite white, young, slender (or buff) people. Never a "bear" in sight. No one too old. Apart from the woman (who I guess is the token female and "ethnic minority"), everyone's white.

Archived