411 on HardBodySurfer in LA

This topic is 3031 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anybody met this guy? http://rentmasseur.com/HardBodySurfer

I've done enough digging to be confident that he's real and those are his pictures. He has an ad on rentmen, and has done some online "shows", but he's adamant about being straight. I have a weakness for tall masseurs, even the straight ones so long as they're not narrow. I'd be interested to hear from anybody who has met him.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally did hear back from Mr. Hardbodysurfer. He will only travel 'out' in Long Beach, suggested I rent a 'decent' (his word) hotel room to do the massage. When asked for a selfie with date in it, he replied with a pic similar to the ones posted in his ad, with designer stubble facial hair.

I imagine a rather ruffian character pulling up on a bicycle, money upfront, blah blah.

Not worth the effort / expense / time, just me.

I finally did hear back from Mr. Hardbodysurfer. He will only travel 'out' in Long Beach, suggested I rent a 'decent' (his word) hotel room to do the massage. When asked for a selfie with date in it, he replied with a pic similar to the ones posted in his ad, with designer stubble facial hair.

I imagine a rather ruffian character pulling up on a bicycle, money upfront, blah blah.

And one always has to be careful in Long Beach....Unless of course you are going to be in Belmont Shores..No hate mail please.

http://geekologie.com/2014/03/06/peewee-herman-bike-for-sale.gif

I finally did hear back from Mr. Hardbodysurfer. He will only travel 'out' in Long Beach, suggested I rent a 'decent' (his word) hotel room to do the massage

So he doesn't take in-calls, and only does local out-calls? Belmont Shores is a pretty small market. I bet he doesn't have a car and lives with his parents... and charges only $600 for overnights because a night at a decent hotel is a working vacation.

• 6 months later...
And one always has to be careful in Long Beach....Unless of course you are going to be in Belmont Shores..No hate mail please.

What exactly is wrong with Long Beach? I ask as a naif regarding California. I stayed on the Queen Mary several times and had a nice time at a few downtown restaurants.

What exactly is wrong with Long Beach? I ask as a naif regarding California. I stayed on the Queen Mary several times and had a nice time at a few downtown restaurants.

Long Beach is not unlike many SoCal cities, it has a dark side. Knowing your destination can mean the difference between having a delightful night out, or making the eleven o' clock news.

Long Beach is not unlike many SoCal cities, it has a dark side. Knowing your destination can mean the difference between having a delightful night out, or making the eleven o' clock news.

I was mainly on the Queen Mary twice, drove around downtown, ate at a Breakfast joint somewhere near a drugstore, and at the airport. Their airport is cute.

There was one night I was hungry and couldn't sleep. There wasn't any food available on the Queen. I looked at Yelp. I found a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant open at around 1 AM probably 8 miles out of town in a semi-rural area. The place was a dump. It could very well have been one of the areas you are talking about. But they made their own tortilla chips.

The Queen Mary is very limited unfortunately and you are out away from everything. Belmont Shore/2nd Street is quite a nice neighborhood (still part of Long Beach) as was mentioned previously. We're friendly with all of the homeless and drug dealers in our area so we never see any trouble - sometimes it pays to just be nice. ;) Long Beach is the largest city in LA County (outside of the City of Los Angeles) that offers many "Orange County-esque" neighborhoods and actually does border Orange County, and several not so welcoming areas. Side note - I'm biting the bullet tomorrow with HardBodySurfer and will report back... Got his rate down some as a "first time client."

So, in confirming our appointment tomorrow, I confirmed the agreed upon price, and he denied making that agreement. I provided him with the text messages and emails regarding it and he refused to honor it. Needless to say, that lost my interest so unfortunately we won't know if he's legit or not. Someone else is going to have to bite the bullet on this one.

I don't see why I can't review or comment on him still @Zman. Granted, not a legally binding agreement or contract by any means, but going back on an agreement is unprofessional at best and I've seen reviews for less on Yelp. Thanks for the welcome @azdr0710. In this realm, anything is possible, so that very much well could be. Draw back is, with tip he would have made his original requested rate if not a bit more. Additionally, reviewing everything now, I did notice when I referenced back to his ad it now says "Ask" rather than the "$200" it previously said. Oh well, no harm, no foul. No money lost. Just a bit of time and frustration is all.

The Queen Mary is very limited unfortunately and you are out away from everything. Belmont Shore/2nd Street is quite a nice neighborhood (still part of Long Beach) as was mentioned previously. We're friendly with all of the homeless and drug dealers in our area so we never see any trouble - sometimes it pays to just be nice. ;) Long Beach is the largest city in LA County (outside of the City of Los Angeles) that offers many "Orange County-esque" neighborhoods and actually does border Orange County, and several not so welcoming areas. Side note - I'm biting the bullet tomorrow with HardBodySurfer and will report back... Got his rate down some as a "first time client."

I lived in LB for a while. In the entire city, Belmont Shores area is @the only place to live there. There are other nice areas in LB... Bixby, First St (East of Cherry) but all those places are surrounded by higher crime. Of course that was in the early 90s. Maybe it's better.

Looks like 4 people made the 11 o'clock news...

LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Long Beach authorities say several people were hospitalized with stab wounds after a melee erupted as bars were closing in the Alamitos Beach neighborhood.

Police Lt. David Faris says the incident around 2 a.m. Tuesday began with a verbal confrontation between a group of drunken men. Faris says one person then pulled a knife.

City News Service reports three or four people were transported in unknown condition with stab wounds.

Archived