Poor, poor kittehz...

devonhunter
This topic is 3276 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've gone vegetarian, and they've given up on me ever eating anything worth begging for.

My dearly departed cat Heidi liked broccoli. She would have been glad to lick your plate clean.

If we're going there, I've lived with many cats whose appreciate food that isn't meat. But since cats are obligate carnivores, all that non-meat is not nutritionally required.

A partial list of what they ate: raw broccoli (not cooked), cooked asparagus (not raw), raw cabbage, tomato/spaghetti sauce (I seem to specialize in cats who like Italian food), peaches, pears, bananas, grapes, chocolate chip cookies (yes, I know, chocolate is bad for them). I've known of, but not owned, cats who liked corn on the cob and cantaloupe.

Oh yes and lots of salty, crunchy snacks like Cheez-Its, Doritos potato chips, and the like, plus cheese. They're not all that interested in milk.

KITTEH begged once for a piece of my apple cinnamon Metamucil cookie. I was like, "Whatchu know 'bout fiber?!" He was adamant, so I snapped a piece off... and the little fucker ate it, and he wanted MORE!!!! OMG I was like, "No, you didn't just eat my nasty apple cinnamon fiber biscuit and ask for more..." I was about to start singing songs from "Oliver." LOL

Heidi sounds like she knew a thing or three. I empathize with your loss, truly. xoxo

Thank you. For a former feral, she made a decent pet. Mainly, she was a companion to my elderly and also dearly departed cat Willy. I used to tell people that I have a cat and my cat has a cat. :)

KITTEH begged once for a piece of my apple cinnamon Metamucil cookie. I was like, "Whatchu know 'bout fiber?!" He was adamant, so I snapped a piece off... and the little fucker ate it, and he wanted MORE!!!! OMG I was like, "No, you didn't just eat my nasty apple cinnamon fiber biscuit and ask for more..." I was about to start singing songs from "Oliver." LOL

Heidi liked to grab those big Dutch pretzels and nibble on hem. She also liked yogurt. Go figure!

Archived