Would You Call Yourself Preferentially A Top/Bottom/Equal Opportunity

Gar1eth
This topic is 3272 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Would you consider yourself primarily ...  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider yourself primarily ...

• A Top (ie I top 51% or more of the time) if I have anal intercourse
    • A Bottom (ie I bottom 51% or more of the time if I have anal intercourse)
    • I'm an equal opportunity type person (ie I top and bottom equally)
    • My interests in sex do not include anal intercourse
    • I am a woman.

The responses on the Darius Ferdynand Quiz made me curious about the majority on the Forum. I realize that this may only evaluate those most likely to answer quizzes rather than the entire active Forum membership. But I thought the results might be interesting.

Gman

Guest RexB
I remember an article years and years ago about asking a big crowd at a gay event if they were tops or bottoms, by show of hands - it was overwhelmingly bottom.

I enjoy watching the votes come in on this poll but I don't think one needs to take a poll to know that the vast majority of gay guys are bottoms. The part that's interesting to me is to see how many are not into penile/anal intercourse, which is the category in which I cast my vote.

I enjoy watching the votes come in on this poll but I don't think one needs to take a poll to know that the vast majority of gay guys are bottoms.

The 'accepted' wisdom is that there are more clients looking for tops, but I've never heard that overall most gay men are bottoms. I wonder if that's true.

Gman

Guest RexB
The 'accepted' wisdom is that there are more clients looking for tops, but I've never heard that overall most gay men are bottoms. I wonder if that's true.

Just go on any hook-up site and read the posts of guys looking for sex. The number of posters looking to get "pounded" is about 99 to 1 of those looking to "pound" somebody, making the competition to nab that one or two tops almost insurmountable.

Just go on any hook-up site and read the posts of guys looking for sex. The number of posters looking to get "pounded" is about 99 to 1 of those looking to "pound" somebody, making the competition to nab that one or two tops almost insurmountable.

That wasn't my experience. I'm no longer on the social apps because they were just exercises in futility for me. But when I was on a few of them, it was definitely difficult for me to find guys I was attracted to who were versatile or bottom. This was in both Seattle and Dallas.

Gman

Guest RexB

Gman, I can definitely understand your difficulty in finding bottoms/vers's who you were attracted to but I'll bet there were lots that you weren't attracted to that you had to pick through. I wonder how many tops of any type you would have even had to pick through had you been zeroing in on looking for them.

GMan, I just voted. I'm a top as defined by your criteria. But I'm still very new to bromances, and aspire to be more reciprocal. I guess I'm a work in progress.

I don't think when I was a youngster and attracted to men that the idea of topping or bottoming occurred to me. I wasn't very knowledgeable about sex in general. The first time I remember thinking about it-I maybe had before but I don't remember-was when I was around 21. I found a roommate's gay magazines. (He told me he wasn't gay-that someone had given them to him. I didn't know what to believe. I was afraid at that point I was gay but was hoping I wasn't. ) Anyway there was some fictional story titled "The Captain's Boy" and another one about an apprentice truck driver on the road. I think they described bottoming, and I was horrified. I knew I didn't want to do that. The thought of bottoming made me wish so much I weren't gay-not if I were going to have to do that. Possibly I might have changed my mind if I hadn't then developed chronic prostate problems 11 years after that while still a virgin -but maybe not. So my initial aversion com-pounded by medical problems have pretty much confirmed me as a total top. I just wish my 'Junior ' were as responsive as he used to be.

Gman

im strictly a bottom. I do seem to meet quiet a few guys who say "im top/vers" then you go on a date.. you get intimate, and then they are on their back with legs up begging to be plowed...im like.. what part of I am a 100% strictly bottom don't you understand?

I'm bottom. I don't have the stones to top, really. In fact, one of the most frustrating things is finding a guy I like and respond to his looks, only to find out he's a botto.

I honestly don't know where you guys live. Going by what I used to see on the social apps-if people are honest about their preferences-there are more tops and versatile guys than you can shake a stick at. Now I'm usually 'into' athletic guys and they usually aren't 'into' couch potatoes like me. But even among the average guys I was interested in (who still were not usually interested in me I might add) the top and versatile guys way outnumbered the bottoms. This has held true for the Seattle region and Dallas.

Gman

Top...bottom....vers...it's a mental situation....When I was just coming out I was about 14 or so...I always liked being with sporty guys...bigger guys...more masculine types...What I found out was that I am a dominant bottom....I will take control of the situation and tell him just what I like..how to do it...and when....that goes for almost everything...I tried to let go and give control to someone else....and did not like the feeling....or outcome..I am masculine in appearance and attract less masculine....where is Mr Darwin now?

Archived