new Message Forum timestamp

buttnovice
This topic is 3292 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On the New Posts screen and the Recent Posts screen the threads are listed on the left of the screen with the date they were started, and the time of the latest post to the thread is on the right of the screen. The threads are listed in order of the latest post to them, so the order on the left (start time for the thread) appears random. Can't help with the first part, although when I open the web page and before I sign in it uses a US time zone (I think) but once I've signed on it uses my local time.

To adjust your time zone:

1. Click on your name on the upper right hand side of the screen. (Next to Inbox and Alerts)
  2. In the window that appears, click on "Preferences".
  3. Under "Locale" should be an option to set your time zone. Adjust it click "Save Changes" at the bottom of that window.

Hope that helps!

Also... just so you understand the logic... the forum software will use the local time of the server if a user is not signed in. (It does not know where you physically are, so it can only assume based on where it is at.) Based on Daddy being on the west coast, I would assume the server is somewhere out that way as well. My guess the default time is Pacific.

Once you sign in, if you have a time zone preference set, you will see all times displayed based on that setting.

To adjust your time zone:

1. Click on your name on the upper right hand side of the screen. (Next to Inbox and Alerts)
  2. In the window that appears, click on "Preferences".
  3. Under "Locale" should be an option to set your time zone. Adjust it click "Save Changes" at the bottom of that window.

Hope that helps!

Yep, I just checked mine and my locale is set accurately. I didn't do this, the software detected it and set it when I joined up, and it worked seamlessly when daylight saving ended at the beginning of April.

Archived