Happy Birthday Mom

Irish69
This topic is 3328 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Lovely post....my mom is still with me (92) and I try my best to appreciate every moment I have with her. I hope the same for those who have their parents still with them and for those who don't, I hope the memory of them brings a smile and happiness by remembering the good times. A very happy birthday to your mom!!!

I almost lost my Mom to brain swelling about 10 years ago and then she's had cancer twice since then- so I've certainly feared and continue fearing about her death. My deepest condolences on your loss, Rick. I don't know if it's any solace, but we say in my religion, 'May their memory always be as Blessing'. I'm sure that's what she was and remains for you.

Gman

my mother is still with me (she is only 69 so she is young still) but I feel that way about my grandmother, since she was like a 2nd mother to me.

I remember reading an article about Anderson Cooper interviewing his mother - Gloria Vanderbilt - about the suicide of his brother. I think what Gloria Vanderbilt said about death and loss was very true -

"There is this word 'closure' that they talk spoke so much about today, but there's never closure on something that happens like that," said Vanderbilt. "You never get over it, but you learn to live with it," she said."

Even though she was referring to witnessing her son's suicide, I do not think with any death there is total closure.

Archived