[UPDATED]Broken Email Addresses...

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 3306 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The internet has started to wise up about SPAM and one of the

things that they're starting to look for is Undeliverable email.

When does the system send email? When you ask to be notified

if a PM is received, when somebody asks to be your friend, or

when an Admin attempts to send you something.

You can turn these notifcations of in User Preferences:

• [x]Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
    • [ ] and receive email notifications of replies

The system will prompt you to update your email address if

Daddy gets bounced messages.

http://www.ecompack.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/return_to_sender.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if this is related.

The username and password (stored in my browser and which worked not that long ago) I had been using for my somewhat infrequent visits here wouldn't work this evening. The error message I received when I tried to log in said "username not found." When I did the password reset, I got an email with a username I don't recall (but I can see how I could have created it). I logged in with this user name, and all my old posts showed up with it instead of the one I had been using in recent years (Zapped).

Could I have accidentally registered two usernames with the same email address, and then they got merged? I honestly don't remember "Brian4125." Both the name and the numbers relate to people and places in my past, so I must have.

You have been Zapped!

http://img.soundtrackcollector.com/cd/large/Zapped_80658.jpg

I'm wondering if this is related.

The username and password (stored in my browser and which worked not that long ago) I had been using for my somewhat infrequent visits here wouldn't work this evening. The error message I received when I tried to log in said "username not found." When I did the password reset, I got an email with a username I don't recall (but I can see how I could have created it). I logged in with this user name, and all my old posts showed up with it instead of the one I had been using in recent years (Zapped).

Could I have accidentally registered two usernames with the same email address, and then they got merged? I honestly don't remember "Brian4125." Both the name and the numbers relate to people and places in my past, so I must have.

It would appear that the new system has a much more elegant method of dealing with bounced emails. I simply set a flag and it'll ask you for a new email address. Another reason that I like the new system.

All "Out Of Contact" group members are hereby pardoned 'cause they can fix the problem themselves.

Archived