What Children Can Teach Us About Disabilities

Steven_Draker
This topic is 3373 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This poignant two-minute video says it perfectly - better than a wealth of books, articles, movies and documentaries on the topic of disabilities. Produced by the French Noemi association, the video shows a social experiment in which parents were invited to participate in an educational game with their children. Without giving too much away, the video reflects Noemi's mission which is to encourage society to see disabled people as the individuals that they are - respecting their dignity and treating them with equality. Watch and learn.

[video=youtube;WB9UvjnYO90]

Steven, Going through posts. Thanks a lot for posting this one. I care for babies/infants/children with multiple medical diagnosis. Many of which are visually obvious. The clip you posted is a quick lesson on diversity. From birth to death, I want to be the person that gives assistance to those that are not fortunate enough to classified as (hate the word) normal. Posts like this brings me back to my ground zero. WG2

Archived