Did Anyone Watch World Idol?

scudman
This topic is 7445 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm almost too embarassed to mention it (but I guess not enough to not go ahead and post this), but did anyone watch the amazingly and rivetingly awful World Idol tonight? What a waste of a beautiful Christmas evening, but stupid me watched pretty much the whole damn thing. Why are all of those winners from other countries so weird looking (except for the South African guy, who I was wanting to strip and throw into my bed right away - Damn, he was hot! :p ) ?

Anyway, Kelly Clarkson wore a stupid hat, but sang great. The British guy was cute and had an interesting voice. The Norwegian guy had a great voice and did an awesome Bono impersonation, but looked like a cross between Paul Williams and Opie Taylor.

Nothing too remarkable to comment on, but I guess my bottom line is I'm feeling a little pitiful to have watched this crap and was hoping there were other Losers around who wanted to commiserate with me.

:*

Oh yeah... and holy-moly, call me uncultured, but as I mentioned in another post in the politics section, I flat didn't get that Arab chick. I couldn't survive in a place where that music played incessantly--worse than nails on a chalkboard for me.

(Sorry for any of the many posters of middle eastern descent I may have offended. I'm sure the Arab world cringes at Nirvana or any old recordings by Ray Stevens.:-))

Yeah, I watched most of it...collapsed on the sofa after an exhausting day. The judges were obnoxious. At least Simon is truthful and usually accurate. these ones, especially the one from Poland...were jerks.

The Norwegian looked like anything but an "idol". But, in my opinion, the best vocalist of the night...even better than Kelly. It's not easy doing U2 material and he sounded so much like Bono.

I didn't think it was a total waste of time...I'll probably watch the results next week.

Hello Scudman,

>I'm almost too embarrassed to mention it (but I guess not

>enough to not go ahead and post this), but did anyone watch

>the amazingly and rivetingly awful World Idol tonight?

You are NOT alone. Since I hate American Idol I had no intention on watching World Idol. Since the Holiday, the family AND the food exhausted me I was too lazy to PRESS THE UP BUTTON ON THE REMOTE when my ass parked in the recliner at the end of the day!

>Anyway, Kelly Clarkson wore a stupid hat, but sang great. The

She looked like a really good looking horse jockey.

>Norwegian guy had a great voice and did an awesome Bono

>impersonation, but looked like a cross between Paul Williams

>and Opie Taylor.

Kurt is my fav and I hope he wins. I also think he is kind of cute. Once again beauty is being stressed over real talent in a competition. He was the best singer there.

Now, Diana Karazon, the Pan Arabic contestant, sang in a language I didn't know and dressed like Harry Potter's lesbian sister. However, technically, her voice was sweet and beautiful. I am sure if she sang "God Bless America" the audience in the USA would have liked her better but she sang what she knew and she stayed true to her heritage. Her voice was sweet though.

All the others were piss water.

Go to http://www.idolonfox.com/worldidol/index.htm for info on all of them.

VDN

i didn't have a feeling of embarrasment watching; perhaps i'm just not part of the curltural elite.:) i watched it via phone calls back and forth with a friend in fl who had gotten me interested in american idol last season. comparing notes with him made the show more enjoyable, since i was home alone after spending the day earlier with family.

i enjoyed seeing the singers from various countries; all but one singing in a foreign language. i also thought the arab singer had a great voice; it was just hard enjoying it with the language barrier. my favorites were the canadian, guy from belgium, and norway.

i also thought the polish judge was despicable. i also thought the young girl from poland has a wonderful voice; she should have a great future ahead of her somewhere, but i couldn't get past her horrible-looking teeth. i would have liked to have had the polish judges' first comment about her performance interpreted.

as far as the judges, i thought the woman from belgium made the most reasonable, all around fair comments about the performances.

Archived