History is being made in Paris today

bigvalboy
This topic is 3415 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Good to see so many people ... and some surprising world leaders ... taking a stand.

History was also made yesterday ... in a less positive way ... out of fear:

"Amid the heightened security concerns, the Grande Synagogue of Paris was closed Saturday for the first time since World War II."

A slightly less white-bread (baguette?) description of that issue would be to say that the most recent time there were no Sabbath services at the Grande Synagogue of Paris was during the Nazi occupation.

And history in Ireland too!

An Irish Catholic priest in Dublin received a standing ovation from his congregation after stunning them with the announcement that he is gay, The Belfast Telegraph reports.

Father Martin Dolan — who has served as a priest at the Church of St Nicholas of Myra for 15 years — made the surprise announcement during a speech in which he urged his congregation to back the forthcoming Irish referendum on same-sex marriage.

“I’m gay myself,” he told them.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/dublin-priest-receives-standing-ovation-from-congregation-after-announcing-hes-gay/

And history in Ireland too!

An Irish Catholic priest in Dublin received a standing ovation from his congregation after stunning them with the announcement that he is gay, The Belfast Telegraph reports.

Father Martin Dolan — who has served as a priest at the Church of St Nicholas of Myra for 15 years — made the surprise announcement during a speech in which he urged his congregation to back the forthcoming Irish referendum on same-sex marriage.

“I’m gay myself,” he told them.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/dublin-priest-receives-standing-ovation-from-congregation-after-announcing-hes-gay/

As long as the Roman Catholic Church requires celibacy--a point of view with which I do not agree--then a priest's sexuality should be

a non-issue. I know: My rose-colored glasses are getting clearer.

Archived