Remembering - December 7th, 1941

oceansunshine
This topic is 3448 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest boiworship08
I totally forgot till I watched my DVR'ed copy of the Almanac segment on the show CBS Sunday Morning today:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/almanac-attack-on-pearl-harbor/

400K US lives killed and 700K injured in that 4 year conflict and when the soldiers came home many of us baby boomers were born....

Doug

Also sobering to note that the much smaller country of Romania lost that number of men in three years on the Russian front.

Also sobering to note that the much smaller country of Romania lost that number of men in three years on the Russian front.

If you want to compare casualties, look at Russian casualties (military and civilian) during the entire war. I don't remember what they were, but they were astonishing. Russia may have suffered the highest casualties of all the nations involved in the war, something Russians (rightfully) think those in the West don't realize or appreciate.

Archived