Unable to access Yahoo! Mail

Steven_Draker
This topic is 3445 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Today I've been trying really hard to access my Yahoo private account from different browsers and platforms to no avail.

Impossible to sign in and I can't seem to be able to reset my password. I'm told that for security reasons I cannot reset my password online and I'm asked to contact Customer Care. However there's no way to reach them over the phone, nor online ... something must have changed with Yahoo.

Any input on how to reach Customer Care about signing in issues would be greatly appreciated.

Steven ~

So, I just logged into Yahoo Mail in a private window being extremely careful about the way I typed the password.

It did not go through on the first try, but did on the second. I went to the help area noticed this at the top:

Slow response or access problems with Yahoo Mail?

Some Yahoo Mail users are having issues accessing their mail due an underwater cable issue caused by a third party. Learn more here.

the "learn more here" is a clickable link to:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&id=SLN25527.html?impressions=true

you may have visited this page already:

https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot/

I also went to :

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT#

under topic chose "Password and sign in" , under subtopic, chose "Unable to sign in, sing in box reappears",

and got under blue 3 "Recommended options"

A "Call us" link with a pop-up that gave a phone number , some kind of incident ID and what to say to the person who answered.

Good luck!

Thank you, honcho.

After several unsuccessful tries, I've got the following message:

Sorry, this account is temporarily locked

Your account has been locked because too many incorrect answers have been given in an attempt to recover your information.

You can try to change your password again after the lock expires in approximately 12 hours.

For immediate assistance, contact Customer Care

Last night I called the number provided (nobody picked up) and today their office is closed because of the holiday.

I have some urgent matter to deal with and my hands are tied.

Update:

I still can't access Yahoo mail, however I've got Customer Care on the phone (a very friendly and helpful guy in Omaha) who confirmed that there's a technical problem with my account.

Yahoo policy is such that you can't get in touch with Tech Support over the phone, but only by email. Hopefully, someone will see the email and will be able to restore my account.

In moments like this, I realize how much we depend on modern technology.

Sympathies. If you conduct must-not-fail transactions by email, the almost nonexistent tech support from the free email providers is reason enough to pay for a minimal web hosting contract including email from one of the commercial web hosting companies. And cheaper than one might think -- for example InMotion Hosting is currently offering a basic site-hosting/email plan for $3.49/month for a 24-month contract. With 24/7/365 live tech support. https://www.inmotionhosting.com/business-hosting

Sympathies. If you conduct must-not-fail transactions by email, the almost nonexistent tech support from the free email providers is reason enough to pay for a minimal web hosting contract including email from one of the commercial web hosting companies. And cheaper than one might think -- for example InMotion Hosting is currently offering a basic site-hosting/email plan for $3.49/month for a 24-month contract. With 24/7/365 live tech support. https://www.inmotionhosting.com/business-hosting

Exactly...I stopped using Yahoo as my primary email provider years ago for that very reason. No one to talk to when things go south.... ATT&T 24/7 365 live tech support, not only for email, but for all computer related problems. You might get some girl in India, but they always fix the problem. Small price to pay for that kind of immediate service.

From Yahoo:

"To our European users: We are aware that service is slow or inaccessible for some users due to an underwater fiber cable being cut by a third party. We are working quickly to resolve this and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We appreciate your patience as we re-route traffic as the vendor works to repair. More details and updates to follow as we obtain more information. Thank you!"

It's been more than 48 hours and alas I still can't access my Yahoo Mail account.

Moreover I'm unable to reach Customer Care from my region due to some restriction with the numbers. It's Mission Impossible. :-(

Another Yahoo! representative told me that I haven't logged into my account for more than a year and therefore it has been deactivated. How is that possible? :confused: I check that email several times a day.

Then I received the following:

"Thank you for contacting Yahoo Customer Care. Your incident has been reviewed and we have determined that it needs special handling. We have escalated your Incident to the expert support team and will reply within the next 24 hours."

Final update: Nobody at Yahoo is able to explain what happened, but it looks like my account has been deactivated.

From Yahoo Terms of Service: "Once an account has been deleted, it's impossible for Yahoo to reactivate the account or retrieve any stored info. You're always welcome to sign up for a new Yahoo account."

20 years of contacts, emails and important information are definitely lost.

I'm sorry to see it go, but at this point I have to let it go.

http://simplysincere.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/image2.jpeg

Here I come,

http://www.techrena.net/images/Call-Phones-From-Gmail-For-Free-Througho_CA88/Gmail-logo-small.png

P.S.: My "professional" email remains the same: StevenDraker@yahoo.com

Another Yahoo! representative told me that I haven't logged into my account for more than a year and therefore it has been deactivated. How is that possible? :confused: I check that email several times a day.

Then I received the following: [/color]

"Thank you for contacting Yahoo Customer Care. Your incident has been reviewed and we have determined that it needs special handling. We have escalated your Incident to the expert support team and will reply within the next 24 hours."

I know that you are bright and do not need much guidance. However, is it possible you did not speak with the Yahoo support in the U.S.?

When there are so many different support offices (in so many different countries) handling Yahoo, it is possible that "too many cooks spoil the broth" so to speak.

Maybe on Monday you should consider contacting a U.S. representative to see if there is anything that can be done to salvage your account or contacts. You might have already done this or thought of this.

Just a thought!

-

• 2 weeks later...

This afternoon I wasn't able to send emails from my yahoo mail account on either Mac. I could receive emails on my Macs, and send and receive from my iPad and iPhone. I spent half an hour listening to muzak before a heavily accented woman whom I couldn't really understand that well solved the issue in under three minutes (once I got to a person). She downgraded me from using the newest Yahoo email to an apparently older version (which I find much cleaner). While on hold I was preparing to ditch yahoo as my domain host, and now am wavering.

Kevin Slater

Archived