411 on barelylegal in NYC

docjim
This topic is 3537 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Spanker01

Too many things that don't add up, how can you be, for instance, 18 yo, and have been a marine? Twenty eight, perhaps, but not 18. While he presents a very desirable ass, and while I would love to spank it, i'd want to be sure he's real and not a scam.

Spanker

Too many things that don't add up, how can you be, for instance, 18 yo, and have been a marine? Twenty eight, perhaps, but not 18. While he presents a very desirable ass, and while I would love to spank it, i'd want to be sure he's real and not a scam.

Spanker

Well on the Twitter account he seems to allude to the fact that he IS a current college student (won't name the place but it is in Upper Manhattan) and he states he IS a proud USMC which is a bit dicey if he is only 18 -- never thought of Marine paying college tuition for a recent recruit, but maybe so if in a ROTC program paying his tuition.

He has a definitely interesting pedigree - apparently born overseas, adopted and brought here where he was raised. Maybe in high school in the Midwest (where he may originate here), he had some sort of high school ROTC for Marines? Or he is in ROTC now with Marines in his university (I am a post-grad student at a place where many undergrads are ROTC Army and you see them in their excellent gym clothes once a week for eye candy).

Well on the Twitter account he seems to allude to the fact that he IS a current college student (won't name the place but it is in Upper Manhattan)

Yep, you can tell his location from the photo of the view from his window. Assuming he goes to that university, he must be a very smart kid.

but maybe so if in a ROTC program paying his tuition.

Yeah, that's probably what he means.

The

Well on the Twitter account he seems to allude to the fact that he IS a current college student (won't name the place but it is in Upper Manhattan) ....

Yep, you can tell his location from the photo of the view from his window. Assuming he goes to that university, he must be a very smart kid.

If he's a bright kid at a top tier Manhattan school, then I hope the "Proffessional" in his ad is just a typo- unless it's a case of English not being his first language. And yes I know there are extremely intelligent people who can't spell- but I understand there is this mystical book wherein one can find the spellings of many 100's possibly 1000's of words.

Gman

Gman -- obviously you are not around college students much -- the vast majority of them these days, even in Ivy League schools, are not only terrible spellers (thanks in large part to spending too much time texting and twittering, etc...) but they have lost the arts of syntax and grammar too. Many of them have no idea how to proof-read a text (as many here also seem to suffer), and find it hard once they have made the error to then go back and edit it. And should I even bring up "penmanship"?

I would like a guy I hire to be educated but I am not going to ask for his SAT scores nor demand a writing sample. If I did, the choices would be severely limited.

Reading his Twitter page he sees himself as one who looks younger. He is obviously at least 18 if not older, at least a Freshman in college (or could be a sophomore) and is in the Big Apple and has discovered a way to make some extra $$$ so he is marketing himself. He does take a lot of selfies as he knows that people might think he is a scam artist. Personally the title of his ad "barely legal" is something that would normally make me run in another direction, but once I checked the twitter page I got a slightly better (and more positive) idea of who he is and what he is trying to do.

Also the reference Scorpio makes to previous comments about him is worth a second glance. It seems others have met him and while he came across as a bit inexperienced, he seems to be (hopefully) growing into the role. Anyway, I am not in the vicinity for hiring him, but I would give him a chance if the occasion came up (have a predilection for Russians!!! :-0 )

Gman -- obviously you are not around college students much -- the vast majority of them these days, even in Ivy League schools, are not only terrible spellers (thanks in large part to spending too much time texting and twittering, etc...) but they have lost the arts of syntax and grammar too.

I'm sure many of us, especially those of us who teach, have great stories about mistakes in student papers, etc. I teach theatre performance, but we do still require some writing as part of the curriculum. I fondly remember a girl who was summarizing the plot of a musical in her paper, claiming that a certain character at one point "reeks havoc." I was so, so very tempted to write a note in the margin saying that it really doesn't matter what the character smells like. But I didn't - I just circled the word. :p

I can't decide if that face is appealing or not. That's my dilemma!

That and the spelling error. :D

Seriously, spelling errors turn me right off, no matter how smart someone may be. I once decide to overlook a text that included the phrase "would of gone," as I really liked the guy. Turns out he was all wrong for me, so I've gone back to my original standards.

Of course, my own spelling and grammar errors are all typos. ;)

I've met the kid and can add a few fact although I won't say anything that would divulge more than I should. "Barelylegal" is about 19 1/2, was a "B" student in high school in one of the southern states, and is not an orphan although he may be estranged from his family. He certainly has not served in the military, but he could possibly be in ROTC and may be in college. I have found he is good at telling stories, but he is not bright enough to be a good liar, so it becomes quickly clear that he does lie often. His endowment is about 7", definitely not the 9" he claims. The pictures are of him. I hope this helps.

I've met the kid and can add a few fact although I won't say anything that would divulge more than I should. "Barelylegal" is about 19 1/2, was a "B" student in high school in one of the southern states, and is not an orphan although he may be estranged from his family. He certainly has not served in the military, but he could possibly be in ROTC and may be in college. I have found he is good at telling stories, but he is not bright enough to be a good liar, so it becomes quickly clear that he does lie often. His endowment is about 7", definitely not the 9" he claims. The pictures are of him. I hope this helps.

Will a review be forthcoming?

~Boomer ~

I've met the kid and can add a few fact although I won't say anything that would divulge more than I should. "Barelylegal" is about 19 1/2, was a "B" student in high school in one of the southern states, and is not an orphan although he may be estranged from his family.

Man, that's way too early to start lying about your age!

To be fair, adopted kids who don't get along with their adoptive parents sometimes call themselves orphans. You see this often on adoption reform blogs.

I did sense something off about the college part. He seemed to be spending too much time in the gym for a kid who had just started college.

Will a review be forthcoming?

~Boomer ~

No. The encounter was a few months ago, and it didn't warrant a review since it really was fairly mediocre. I don't want to disparage someone possibly having an off day. However, when questions arise that I can provide some insight, I try to help when I can.

Archived