interesting site - what can they have been thinking

dick_nyc
This topic is 7494 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks. Those were pretty awful! x( I can't see those inspiring any interest in picking them up for further info. Looks like the kind assigned to the 10 for $1 bin.

How about some thoughts on the best album covers, as there are a lot of them. For instance, any Little Feat album is a winner.

As someone who mostly gets classical albums, can't help you there. I did get a lot of albums when I was down in Rio. Unfortunately someone mentioned the Modern Sound store there and when I went there and asked for some help in getting some good Brazilian music, they were very helpful - almost too helpful. I will have to admit that the music they picked out is a whole collection of winners. So was the clerk!! Almost worth the trip just to see him again!!

BTW I would just like to second the comments of Tri concerning the Allegro snack bar in Modern Sound. The afternoon pianists are great. The groups in the evening are also very good. They play jazz and samba without it being so esoteric that you have to be on a particular wavelength to enjoy it. The food is actually not too bad. Nothing spectacular but really a pleasant time.

RE: wax?

They just shrunk them down for the CD's. The advantage of the albums was that the printing was big enough to read and the pictures were big enough to see.

Actually if you hear the LP and the CD, usually the LP sounds better. The latest CD's are almost catching up but not quite yet.

Archived