Celebrate Angela Lansbury at 89

deej
This topic is 3497 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks Deej. I love this clip and loved it when I first saw it on the 41st annual Tony broadcast. Angela Landsbury's dress was stunning.

I clicked on a few of the follow ups after the "Bosom Buddies" clip and found this really interesting comparison between the "Angela" Mame and the "Lucy" Mame. There's no comparison. Enjoy!

Thanks Deej. I love this clip and loved it when I first saw it on the 41st annual Tony broadcast. Angela Landsbury's dress was stunning.

I clicked on a few of the follow ups after the "Bosom Buddies" clip and found this really interesting comparison between the "Angela" Mame and the "Lucy" Mame. There's no comparison. Enjoy!

It's a wonderful video, one of the best, thanks so much for sharing.

He does mention that Mary Martin was the first choice for "Mame," without saying that Jerry Herman specifically wrote the musical for Martin. Lansbury made the role her own; she was wonderful in "Mame." It's too bad Martin did not open "Mame" in London as she did "Hello, Dolly." That would have been a great comparison video, Lucille Ball never had a chance -- totally miscast.

Archived