Atlanta

geoffk
This topic is 3397 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Couple that are not too far away from SR (short cab ride)

http://www.twelvehotels.com/atlanticstation/

http://www.watlantadowntown.com/

Don't know what your price range is but Hyatt downtown a little further away but not too far and I believe they can have deals. Lowe's Midtown, W Midtown also not too far. Buckhead has lots of places.

There is a place right across the street but I believe it is more weekly kind of place and not very fancy at all.

Probably going to have to end up cabbing it there. I would NOT go further north than Buckhead or further south than downtown.

PM me if you want - happy to help if I can

Check out the newly renovated Hyatt Midtown on 10th street, you would be about 3 miles from SR and about the same in opposite direction to BJ's. The Hyatt is the center of the gay area with bars and restaurants, so it the W. There is a Marta stop a couple of blocks away. Some of the fun gay bars in the area Joes on Juniper, Blake's, 10th on Piedmont and several others. Your going to need a cab or use Uber to get to SR or BJ, fares will be minimal! Everything else is walking distance.

• 1 month later...

SR was very enjoyable. But why didn't I check out the VIP room earlier? I thought I was being smart by saving my money for the "right" guy. But that kept me out on the main floor where nothing happens. Well I know better for next time. Also the vodka-cran was awful. Buy some real juice please! I should have dumped it or returned it. It was the worst drink I ever had anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Going to ATL this weekend. Will def hit SR and BJ Roosters on Saturday but want to make sure I don't waste my time on Sunday. Anyone with other suggestions of where I might find some good muscle to play with (or even watch) on Sunday?

Since SR is closed on Sundays, Sunday is a good night for BJ's (still not as good as Richards, though). This weekend is Super Bowl Sunday, so if you're up for it, you might consider the sports bar, Woofs, on Piedmont Road, which is not very far from BJ's. They get a good sports crowd for football that can be awfully fun.

I am heading to Atlanta this weekend by myself. I was thinking of going to SR but was wondering if it was a good place to go by yourself. I was planning to go Saturday night. Any suggestions or advice about it would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you have anything to share. Thanks!

Archived