Hawks Owner..self reporting, in Atlanta of all places.

bigvalboy
This topic is 3522 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

some of what he writes in that long email is somewhat racist....

and most of what he writes is very true....

I didn't find any smoking gun in it....he's a businessman

I tend to agree with azdr. I think he was approaching the problems in terms of strictly a business issue. You can spin anything, but I was a little surprised he outed himself, unless as Jawjateck mentions, he saw a possible upside to the release of the email, and a nice payday in the sale of the team.

He tried to sell the team 3 years ago. The deal fell through. NBA franchise prices are bubbling up. Now is a good time for him to sell. His paycheck will be closer to the Milwaukee Bucks price...$500M

And while crass, that email was loaded with truth. I'm the demographic he wanted but was failing to capture for a variety of reasons, but most of all, he did not put a product on the court that I want to pay to watch.

He tried to sell the team 3 years ago. The deal fell through. NBA franchise prices are bubbling up. Now is a good time for him to sell. His paycheck will be closer to the Milwaukee Bucks price...$500M

And while crass, that email was loaded with truth. I'm the demographic he wanted but was failing to capture for a variety of reasons, but most of all, he did not put a product on the court that I want to pay to watch.

That just might be it!!!

Stupid is as stupid does. He could have met with his leadership team and had a tactful discussion about changes and probably left a lot of his observations out of that discussion. Instead he chose to put it in writing. If he wants different music, he brings a list of songs he likes and/or bands/performers he wants his money spent on. If wants to distribute free tickets in a different area, he tells the people on his payroll that do that where to go.

If he wants to sell, I doubt he needed to out himself in order to get a good price. He could have just offered the team for sale, no? I don't think because an old white man sees truth in what was said that it makes it ok. There are tons of negative or sterotypical observations one can make about old white men, particularly those in the Civil War states (see what I mean now?). An astute leader isn't as blatant as this guy was. Having worked and lived in Louisiana for too many years his kind of talk is still too common. Guess many who live in that areas and others where this kind of thinking is ok forget what the last Confederate flag looked like - it was all white. And what's interesting is that the majority of people living in the Confederate states didn't want war - it was wealthy white men that wanted it because they didn't want "their" style of life at risk. They had the political power to send hundreds of thousands to their death in the war. Still has the record for the greatest number of fatalities of any war the country has ever fought.

Archived