Video Question/Problem?

whipped guy
This topic is 3616 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ninety percent of the time I view and post on this site using either my iPad or iPhone. However, a few days ago I was working on my computer with some Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and decided to take a break and visit Daddy's for a bit diversion as is my wont... I clicked on the thread that Steven Draker posted of Joan Rivers CNN interview... and the post was totally blank. There was a large area where the video would have been posted, but no video was visible. Subsequently the same thing occurred with the Judge Judy Grindr posting. Now BOTH of these are evident when accessing this site with my iPhone and iPad. I have had no problems viewing videos from other sites including YouTube or Kinkmen... so far just with this site.

I have not had this problem in the past. I am not sure when it initially occurred, but I just noticed it a few days ago. Could it be an idiosyncrasy with my computer?? Is it related to the recent upgrade?? Have others experienced this same issue?? Any thoughts, insight, info, etc. would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance guys... and gals ;)!

Over the years, I have had similar problems, usually associated with some of the microsoft automatic upgrades, which seem to make some things worse!. For awhile, I only used Chrome to access this Forum, and never had any problems, but most of the time I am on IE. I took my computer to the Geek Squad at Best Buy for an "overhaul" and to make sure that I had not gotten any malware or viruses past my anti-span software, etc. They did find a few things that they got rid of and my computer works so much better now. You might give them a try or at least talk to them about the problem and see what they have to say.

DD

Hi Whipped - I've been using my MacBook Pro exclusively and on occasion the same thing happens. I'll revisit later and everything loads fine. When I have the issue, it always seems to be on the first access only. It also happens when I'm not on my WiFi but another network then fine on my own WiFi.

Funguy

Problem Solved!

Some background for others who might have similar issues... I was having problems with Internet Explorer 11, but discovered that I was able to view the videos using Google Chrome. Therefore it appeared thst the issue was related to IE. Having checked that my Addobe Flash Player (version 14.0.0.145) was up-to-date and installed properly, I noticed that there was a problem with Activex Filtering... a small blue icon appearing in the address bar signifying that Activex Filtering is turned on... Clicking on the icon and turning off the Activex Filtering solved the problem.

In any event, thanks to those who responded!

And a special PS to my good friend Brooklyn Guy... Yes! I have WAY TOO MANY TOYS... but most are NOT exactly of the techno variety!!!!

;):p:);)

Archived