E-mail apps

Funguy
This topic is 3642 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For technical reasons, this isn't really possible, at least not reliably. It could possibly be done if the sender and recipient used the same email provider, but the power of email comes from the standards which allow email systems to interconnect. There are some old techniques that use a small externally-hosted image in an attempt to detect when an email is opened, but those techniques have been so frequently abused by spammers that they're usually defeated by email software.

The thing you're looking for works on WhatsApp.[/color]

Steven- are you sure? If you are talking about texts, I read an article the other day that said the check marks on WhatsApp only mean that the message has been delivered and received by the phone- but doesn't mean it has been opened and read. I guess that could have been an old article though. Something might have changed.

AOL- used to tell you if your email to other AOL users had been opened before it was web-based as it is now. You could even delete a message after you sent it, if it hadn't been opened yet. But that was back in the days when it was all on AOL servers and not going through the Internet.

Gman

Thanks, Steven. I was actually interested specifically in G-mail tracking so that I knew when the target opened the e-mail. Streak takes care of that and includes an e-mail to sender when the recipient has opened the mail and a notification icon next to the e-mail as well.

Although I have a MacBook Pro and iMessage will work on it, I have an android phone so no such luck with iMessage for text messages. I will have to look into whatsapp to follow up on that. I'm more interested in when the party reads, not when it is received.

Thanks, Steven. I was actually interested specifically in G-mail tracking so that I knew when the target opened the e-mail. Streak takes care of that and includes an e-mail to sender when the recipient has opened the mail and a notification icon next to the e-mail as well.

Although I have a MacBook Pro and iMessage will work on it, I have an android phone so no such luck with iMessage for text messages. I will have to look into whatsapp to follow up on that. I'm more interested in when the party reads, not when it is received.

Look at my last post. WhatsApp doesn't alert you when it is read.

Gman

Archived