Swinging Richards Pompano & Boardwalk Ft. Lauderdale

brettnyc
This topic is 3613 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My findings after a weekend in Ft. Lauderdale where the weather was hotter than the dancing boys:

The interior of Swinging Richards Pompano gives one the impression of being on a luxury cruise ship…with its comfortable lounge seating, fully stocked bars, buffet (yes, a buffet) and gyrating naked dancers (if only cruise ships had strip clubs)…. It’s very plush venue to see naked boys, though I found the caliber of the dancers wasn’t quite up to the atmosphere of the club. I arrived early on Friday…early for S. Florida was 9:00 pm, and found a single dancer on stage and a handful of customers and the very well built manager visiting from Atlanta, Matt; directing the activities. It seems he was brought in for the holiday weekend along with four dancers from Atlanta to give the club an energy boost…or maybe a kick in the ass. It needs both if it’s going to succeed. The location is very off the beaten path, and without the handy gps as a guide, you’ll have a hard time finding it, unlike the old location which was on a main thoroughfare in North Miami. But the location isn’t as vexing as the dancers who for the most part were average looking, and there were no “star quality” dancers that the old Gaeity used to offer, or clubs in Montreal still do.

I went to the SR on both Friday and Saturday, and there was little difference in the line-up each night. Among the dancers were:

David - a big Latin guy with tats on both shoulders

Aspen – shorter, stocky and energetic fireplug visiting from Atlanta with exceptional pole skills...lol - young looking but wise beyond his years in the self-promotion department.

Danny - a tallish Latino guy with nice smooth build and a propensity to ask for lap dances

Mason – good ole boy from Atlanta with longish hair and sexy demeanor

Sam – scruffy faced Italian with big smooth glutes…aka bubble butt and sexy trim toned body

Robbie – twinkish with average build

Jojo – bleached blond, beach boy look…also good with working the pole – seemed to be a favorite of some regulars at the club

Cole – another dancer from Atlanta, toned build with plenty of tats

Mick – Spaniard from Barcelona…one of the more buff built guys

Chasen- taller build with goatee, dark hair -

Alfonso- compact bodybuilder

Romeo – Brazilian guy with a smooth tanned, worked out gym body and wavy dark hair

Felix – Latin guy with gym build, playful smile, and nicely hung

Lucas

Edward

Eton - twinkish build with glasses -

In an effort to boost attendance, the club’s new policy changes are that the lap dance area is $10 to the house, which is good for the entire night, and that the lap dances are now au natural…and fortunately those changes matched up with my experience in the back. The lap dance area reminded me of Stock Bar in Montreal, with padded booths and full height dividers, but no curtains. The club did fill up later in the night both Friday and Saturday…and it seemed that the patrons were enjoying themselves, but I’d be hard pressed to go out of my way to visit SR Pompano without some improvements to the current roster.

I also made a point of stopping by Boardwalk after having heard reports of it being on a upswing recently. I found it to be as disappointing my last visit. The club is cramped & uncomfortable, and the dancers seem like a side show for the drag queen announcers who garner the attention with their non-stop dialogue. It might appeal to some, but it wasn’t what I’m looking for in a male strip club venue. And the fact the dancers were average looking and looked bored to be there didn’t help either. The one saving grace at Boardwalk was the guest dancers, billed as ménage a trois, two blond brothers - Donny and Johnny Forza and their sidekick Vadim, all of whom looked better in person than their press release photos and they seemed to be enjoying the attention they were getting from the crowd.

...the club’s new policy changes are that the lap dance area is $10 to the house, which is good for the entire night, and that the lap dances are now au natural…and fortunately those changes matched up with my experience in the back...
Could you expand on this? -- I haven't kept up with the SR lap dance situation. You pay the house a $10 fee and then you get to do what? Have multiple lap dances with multiple dancers? What do the dancers charge? By the song or by the minute?

...The lap dance area reminded me of Stock Bar in Montreal, with padded booths and full height dividers, but no curtains...
That sounds like Campus, not Stock. Or has Stock removed the curtains since last year?

BrettNYC,

Thanks for the very thorough review. I have not been to SR's since they moved and it seems (based on your report) there is no compelling reason to go. I do have a question however. I note you mentioned that SR's has a food buffet on offer. Does that mean smoking is prohibited now in the club? That, at least, would be one very positive thing if it were the case. It seems to me that the Florida law is something along the lines that Bars that offer food cannot allow smoking inside.....or something like that. Looking forward to your comments on this.....and again, thanks for the very helpful trip report!!

BrettNYC,

Thanks for the very thorough review. I have not been to SR's since they moved and it seems (based on your report) there is no compelling reason to go. I do have a question however. I note you mentioned that SR's has a food buffet on offer. Does that mean smoking is prohibited now in the club? That, at least, would be one very positive thing if it were the case. It seems to me that the Florida law is something along the lines that Bars that offer food cannot allow smoking inside.....or something like that. Looking forward to your comments on this.....and again, thanks for the very helpful trip report!!

Hi John,

Guess the upshot is that SR is so-so, but has potential if the management can find the right guys. I think dancers don't do as well in S. Florida year-round economically, as it's a seasonal market, so attracting high caliber talent is a challenge. I'll answer your question in the forum.

Hope you have a good week.

The new policy is that you pay $10 for the night....good for as many lap dances you want with as many dancers as you like. The lap dances are $20 per song...and the guys

I had dances with were up front about counting songs, so no complaints on that end.

Unfortunately, the club still allows smoking...and I did see a few patrons as well as dancers lighting up cigarettes. Because the space is rather large and there is room to spread out, there wasn't an issue with smoke, at least not as much as I found at Boardwalk.

Unfortunately, the club still allows smoking...and I did see a few patrons as well as dancers lighting up cigarettes. Because the space is rather large and there is room to spread out, there wasn't an issue with smoke, at least not as much as I found at Boardwalk.

Thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

I made it to Boardwalk for a brief visit this weekend and had a very good time, much more so than in recent memory. A few standouts:

Brandon - model good looks with hipster glasses and a tight bod, totally did it for me

Grieco - short muscular guy with Brazilian heritage but looks very European. Really fun and energetic

Roland - young Hungarian muscle guy, quite affectionate

Konrad (with a K) - muscular, beautiful bubble butt

all were early to mid 20s. More Campus than Stockbar types (which I prefer). All night probably only one dancer who i would say was in his 30s. Everyone else was much younger and better looking than my last trip a year ago.

FYI..The Boardwalk was raided last week. A couple of dancers were arrested for possession. No customers were arrested and no one was in the VIP rooms when it took place. Have been back a couple of times and things are back to normal, although very slow as we are now into off season as the snow birds have already headed north. The police do park at various locations on the street in either direction of The Boardwalk, just to show a presence, and to watch customers coming and going. It is a little intimidating at first, but maintaining the speed limit, and not one mile per hour more, gets you a pass. All in all, for all the drama they caused, I would imagine that they were disappointed in the small amount they found.

I have since heard rumors that SR was raided also, but can not confirm, since I have not been over to SR's, and I rather suspect that

it is entirely possible, it is just a rumor.

Thanks for your post BVG. If you find out more, especially if the same happened at Johnny's, please post. I have a friend heading down that way in a week, and he goes to all three bars. Thanks.

Still waiting to hear about Swinging Richards from my friend in NJ. He is personal friends with the manager, and said he would check. Johnny's on the other hand has not been raided. I have been there also a couple of times, and despite a police station/police yard being a few hundred yards down the street, there was zero police presence on the streets around the club. However, Johnny's like many of the clubs in FTL are a little slow this time of year. It is hit and miss in regards to the action.

Just wondering if the lap dance room manager is that little turp who looks like someone from Lost in Space. I hate to see anyone get arrested but he is weird.

I know that he was a little 'standoffish' .....but I would be remiss if I just didn't say that he is really a very very nice kid. You just have to get to know him. I don't know if he was one of the ones that got arrested, but I hope that he is OK.

I just visited all three clubs and agree with the op's assessments and other comments. I was appreciative of swinging Richards' management - very trained in customer service - kind and helpful to gay customers from the time I got in there. Also clean and attractive. T

On the other hand the older woman taking money at boardwalk was rude and unfriendly. Bar tenders were nicer. Beer at boardwalk was a couple dollars higher than SR which i felt was kind of symbolic of management attitude. I had interface with one dancer at BW - an incredibly built Spanish speaking guy who was str8 and seemed almost homophobic. Johnny's was the sleaziest and dirtiest of the three but the dancers were friendly. Had I been attracted to any, I think many would have played back at my hotel.

Archived