Palm Springs Losses

Bosguy
This topic is 3656 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Palm Springs is still reeling from the loss of 2 of its Icons:

First, Marilyn headed to New Jersey.

Second, One of the areas most popular hosts headed to the Midwest.

Confused?

First, the larger than life statue of Marilyn Monroe which I had seen in Chicago and then upon my arrival in PS the end of March was being sent to New Jersey, but, hopefully, will return to Palm Springs in the near future. As I was driving downtown with a friend, there was a large crowd gathered and a crane was dismantling the statue--was totally freaked out by seeing Marilyn's head on a crane.

Second, our fellow Forum member and all around great guy, Oliver, was headed back to the Midwest. Personally, I think he needed a major rest from all his "hosting"

Like all good things, I'm sure these Palm Springs celebrities will be back for another Palm Springs event next March.

Boston Bill

I got to see her in Chicago with Raul. It's weird that she's moving again.

T

I hope Raul took you to see "Universe," "Being Born," "The Four Seasons," and "Flamingo" as well.

No doubt, guys, we do miss Oliver. But, that said, it's just great that the snowbirds are gone. Traffic is better, parking is easier, and Costco is virtually deserted! There's something about an out-of-state license plate that makes me give them a wide berth. These people even stop at green lights!

Archived