AMAZING Nationwide Roadtrip LOG #3

DavidGartner
This topic is 7546 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sunday Sept 28, 2003

"Hola HOLA!!, Senior Senior bla bla casa bleh!" The maid reemed through my door as she tapped annoyingly on my door. God something to wake up to, a persistent Mexican who wont give up untill she gets her way and gets me out of the room. Yea.. thats right I slept past check out time. I crawled outta bed and took a hot shower, it was great, packed all my stuff, and was quite excited to get underway to New Orleans! What happenin city or at least so ive heard, Burban street is it? The French Quatre? all new names to me but a must see.

Houston was really fun I must say, Im definitely learning some life skills on this trip I must say. I went out on Friday and Saturday all by myself and danced away. I could never before go out by myself and have a fun time.. I could never dance by myself and now.. I felt the vibes flow through me in a SURGE of joy. I was for once really happy, I was free, liberated, nothing in my way, thousands of miles of vast land was at my finger tips to be explored. The more and more time I spent travelling the more and mroe liberated and free my mind seemed to think. "I could do anything I wanted, travel anywhere and live anywhere I wanted.. my stuff.. my life was in the back seat of my car" Yes Indeed Houston was fun. ohh and the 19 year old 5.11 160lbs bln hair grn eye not just a 6pack but an 8pack.. with a butt to die for.. was so fun to play with that night.. lets just say.. it wasnt cardiac arrest that was going on in room #302.. hehe *moans* I think u can find ma man in AnF 2001 catalog.. or so he says.. altho. he was fine.. not just fine but fawkin ridiculously fine.. wow lol

I got under way and travelling East along the 10 and began my 5 hour tour. lol.. About 100miles out of Houston, the terrain underwent a massive change, my mouth just dropped to the ground, and I couldnt help my stare in utter amazement at what I was seeing. I began seeing bales* of hay and cows grazing in the lush green meadowy pastures and flat land as far as the eye could see, changed quickly into even greener lush swamp lands.. Large old trees spreading their arms of age over the miles and miles of a bridge I crossed in Lousianna.. it was amazing.. both bridges... crossing the swamp lands.. and the old trees stretching their branches over the road.. and miles and miles of green swamp land.. right as the sun was setting.. sun creeping through the shrub and trees beside me.. and casting shadows in the eery swamp.. wow i was in breathe taking amazement.

After arriving in New Orleans I am lookin forward to tasting their fine cuisines and whatever other cajun goodies new orleans is known for, hope your enjoying my road trip as much as me. Ill keep all updated :)

Love ya all David xox

David,

Be sure to check out Cafe DuMonde in the French Quarter. Also, across the street and down about a block is a bar and restaurant next door. Can't remember the name (it's been there forever) . The bar is on the corner..think it's a person's name. The bar serves great tri tip sandwiches and the restaurant has a great multi course meal offering several different main courses...wish i could think of the name... dammit.

x(

>David,

>Be sure to check out Cafe DuMonde in the French Quarter.

>Also, across the street and down about a block is a bar and

>restaurant next door. Can't remember the name (it's been

>there forever) .....................

Hey ,

Well thanks for the advice on the restaurant, I will make a personal effort to find it since you like it so much. I hear the food is great here... yummm.. thanks and look for my next posting hehe

David,

I am SOOO enjoying reading about your road trip! It reminds me of when I was younger, and had a car. It is liberating, being on the road and alone, isn't it? One learns that one's own company is not so bad after all!!

If you're still in New Orleans, make sure you try to partake of Crawfish Etouffe. Papa Joe's on Bourbon St. is good, but you'll find it on many menus.

Regarding the spanish speaking maid in Houston... well, if you're gonna be staying in the US, you're gonna have to learn a little spanish. It's our second-first?-second? language. Only goes to show that the World isn't finished yet.

La Belle Trixie

David,

I love your posts and I have enjoyed reading about your journey. My question for you is why is your trip not documented on your website. I would love to be able to see daily entries there as well as some photos. :) Not a criticism. Just a question.

Archived