Board Code of Conduct: Civility or Daggers?

nynakedtop
This topic is 3701 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This morning I woke up to realize that I had, by name, been vilified on this Board by a participant who is clearly mentally and psychologically "unstable". Perhaps I have grown too comfortable with the typical culture of this forum in which even heated disagreement is done in a manner of mutual respect. What I saw here today was an absolutely unacceptable use of this Forum for someone to work out his own personal issues. I can only thank and compliment the persons who manage the site for their prompt action to remedying the worst of the insults.

One would hope that our community is a effectively self-policing one and that people who have no control over their words, behavior and actions will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.

I, however, do remain appalled.

One would hope that our community is a effectively self-policing one and that people who have no control over their words, behavior and actions will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.

So you want it self-policing as long as someone else handles it for you?

You may consider this official pushback from management. We've taken action but now I'm wondering if we've gone far enough.

In a bar brawl, the owner typically throws out everyone involved without taking sides. We can do that here too.

So you want it self-policing as long as someone else handles it for you?

You may consider this official pushback from management. We've taken action but now I'm wondering if we've gone far enough.

In a bar brawl, the owner typically throws out everyone involved without taking sides. We can do that here too.

Could not agree with you more - but seeing how this "brawl" seems to have consisted of one side doing the punches, I know best when, simply, to leave.

Archived