Using Private Message on These Forums

tanman4u
This topic is 3717 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I suppose I should have messaged this directly to Daddy or the other powers that be but I thought that the reply/answer might help others so I'm posting it here.

I have recently private messaged two other members here. One answered me right away and I replied back. I haven't heard from the other. When I look at my "Sent Item" list neither my reply to the reply nor my original message to the other guy shows up, only an old message from early last year. I'm just wondering if that means the messages didn't get sent or is there another explanation. I don't want to bother anyone by repeating the messages when they either haven't seen them or didn't care to answer. Both were to guys who are pretty active on the forums here.

Thanks

I suppose I should have messaged this directly to Daddy or the other powers that be but I thought that the reply/answer might help others so I'm posting it here.

I have recently private messaged two other members here. One answered me right away and I replied back. I haven't heard from the other. When I look at my "Sent Item" list neither my reply to the reply nor my original message to the other guy shows up, only an old message from early last year. I'm just wondering if that means the messages didn't get sent or is there another explanation. I don't want to bother anyone by repeating the messages when they either haven't seen them or didn't care to answer. Both were to guys who are pretty active on the forums here.

Thanks

Your messages that you write don't necessarily get saved. There is an option to save your messages that you have to 'check'. There is so an option to be notified when a sender picks up your email. It used to work. Nowadays when I 'check' it, I am not sure whether it works or not. It seems like whether I check it or not, I am not notified.

Gman

A long-standing member posted here recently that he wasn't aware of the private messaging function, and when he discovered it he found multiple unread messages from several years ago. It's possible that your addressee is not checking messages. Probably, you can resend your message and see if he responds.

Well, I definitely got my private message from Steven Draker when Frankly Rich first started posting here. It wasn't very nice.

You’ve received only one mean-spirited PM from him, so far? He must like you LOL.

Maybe this link will be helpful if and when he sends you another “10 Email Tips For Dealing With Angry, Trollish, Or Rude Emails”:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-email-tips-for-dealing-with-angry-trollish-or-rude-emails/

You’ve received only one mean-spirited PM from him, so far? He must like you LOL.

Maybe this link will be helpful if and when he sends you another “10 Email Tips For Dealing With Angry, Trollish, Or Rude Emails”:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-email-tips-for-dealing-with-angry-trollish-or-rude-emails/

Excellent link ML. Very informative. Plus FYI...Coop just posted in the lounge with information on sending alerts on private messages that violate the TOS. I actually did not know that. I have my private messages blocked. Only those on my contact list can get through. It makes for a restful nights sleep. Have a great weekend.

Folks,

I've been told privately that some reincarnated (previously banned) poster is developing an obsession with Steven Draker by parasitizing and hijacking several threads.

Let's see how many more attempts at bullying/harassing before he's being shown the door.[/color]

Steven, this news is utterly shocking. A "long-standing" member, you mean, like a charter member? I remember your first private message to me, warning me to show more respect for the charter members here, and now you say a charter member himself is developing an obsession with you? Why is it just showing up now, I wonder. I mean, a charter member who didn't develop an obsession over you years ago must not have a normal sex drive. Oh well, I know that you can handle it. Have you called him a troll yet, like you called me on my first day here? Maybe that would put him in his place and kill that obsession over you. That is, unless you have used that troll word over and over until it has no meaning left. You haven't done that, have you Steven? Why surely not. A charter member like you just wouldn't do that. Would you like me to post your message to me when I first started here, Steven? I mean, you just meant a friendly warning didn't you? You weren't trying to bully me or anything were you? That should shut up that charter member, shouldn't it, when he sees how helpful you are to new members?

BTW, what is parasitizing and hijacking several threads? Could you show us where he's done that and how it shows an obsession over you?

Archived