Please Help Me Have Some Fun in Miami

rocky
This topic is 3736 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Greetings; well I'll be stopping by Miami on Saturday waiting for a Sunday cruise and staying at a hotel near the airport. I'm hoping someone, please, please, can tell me if I'd like to go to a cruising bar and or a nice gay dinner place where would I go realizing I'd need a cab from the airport. Money really isn't an object, well not Bill Gates, but want to have some fun. Looking for dinner, dancers, etc. Thanks all..

Hey Rocky, not a big Miami guy as my play ground is Fort Lauderdale, but since you only have one night, I think 'Twist' is probably the best place to go. It is 'high' season so to speak and also it will be Saturday night, so I don't think you can help but have fun. The dancers and bartenders are great, and it can be a real party. I unfortunately do not have any suggestions for dinner...but googling gay restaurants in South Beach or going on Trip advisor should net some possibilities...good luck, and have fun on the cruise.

It's White Party Week in Miami. If you like dancing with a thousand shirtless sweaty guys, the event Saturday night is at Score, 1437 Washington Avenue, in South Beach. Make sure you get a ticket. Go to the NGLTF website for details. If you are into leather, I think there is a leather event too Saturday night.

Twist is a great bar, just down the street from Score. No food, unless you count the tasty dancers in the bungalo out back.

As far as dinner, you really can't go wrong anyplace on Lincoln Road in South Beach. We can always count on having fun and decent food at Sushi Samba, 600 Lincoln Road. If don't care for sushi, still look at the menu, they have a lot of other dishes. It's not a gay restaurant, but George the manager is a great guy.

If you just want to hang out at a table outside, Segafredo Zanetti has a deep Miami Beach scene. It's not gay, but then in Miami Beach, even the straight places are a little gay. 1040 Lincoln Road.

I think the Palace serves food late, its right on Ocean Drive, and its a gay club. 1200 Ocean.

PM me if you want more info or have specific questions. Enjoy your trip. Weather looks great for a short visit to MB.

I agree with the suggestion of cabbing over to Lincoln road and going to dinner at one of the many places along that pedestrian road. Most of them have plenty of tables outside so one can people watch whilst eating and drinking. I used to enjoy DaLeo Italian restaurant but I see it has closed. Sometimes I go to Next on Lincoln road for a relaxed late lunch. Their salads are great. Anyway, you will be spoiled for choice of where to eat on Lincoln. Afterwards, cab it over to Twist.....but don't go before 10pm. Several different rooms there including the front bar......the cabana bar in back with the gogo boys......the dance club upstairs.....and the Latin music bar tucked away between the others.

There are a few gay owned restaurants in Miami that are good and fun. One is the Schnitzel Haus where German food is served. Who would have known that some of the best German food in the US is found in Miami??? Owner is German and gay. Clientele is mixed.

http://www.schnitzelhausmiami.com/

Another gay owned place is Magnum Restaurant and lounge. The owner is gay and the clientele is mixed although heavily gay. Its a restaurant/piano bar combo. Good food and lots of fun. Portions are very big. Can get loud with all the showtune singing.

https://www.facebook.com/magnumlounge

By the way, Magnum and Schnitzel Haus are very close to each other on the same street.

Have a great time with whatever you choose and do report back on what you did in the end!

Archived