Alert feature on daddy's... aka Report Post

Cooper
This topic is 3760 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It has come to my attention that some members are not aware of or familiar with the alert feature on daddy's. When you are logged in, you'll notice a triangular shaped symbol in the lower left of a message, it's called, "Report Post". The TOS (terms of service) indicates when this feature is to be used. Click on it if you think a thread should be locked/moved, or personal information is being posted, etc. Use this feature to notify the moderators and give your reasons for sending an alert. It works a lot faster than leaving messages for us to find buried inside replies of a thread. Thanks, Coop.

From the TOS: "If you feel a post violates the rules, please click on the ALERT link at the bottom of the offending post. The moderators will be notified and will review the post as soon as possible. If the post does violate the rules, the moderators will take whatever action is deemed appropriate. Please send an ALERT instead of a private e-mail when you feel action is required. An ALERT will reach the first available moderator while an e-mail will wait until that individual next comes online."

It has come to my attention that some members are not aware of or familiar with the alert feature on daddy's. When you are logged in, you'll notice a triangular shaped symbol in the lower left of a message, it's called, "Report Post". The TOS (terms of service) indicates when this feature is to be used. Click on it if you think a thread should be locked/moved, or personal information is being posted, etc. Use this feature to notify the moderators and give your reasons for sending an alert. It works a lot faster than leaving messages for us to find buried inside replies of a thread. Thanks, Coop.

From the TOS: "If you feel a post violates the rules, please click on the ALERT link at the bottom of the offending post. The moderators will be notified and will review the post as soon as possible. If the post does violate the rules, the moderators will take whatever action is deemed appropriate. Please send an ALERT instead of a private e-mail when you feel action is required. An ALERT will reach the first available moderator while an e-mail will wait until that individual next comes online."

Do you think the particular TOS violation can be noted when a thread is closed or a poster is publicly warned? Sometimes, it’s not clear what the violation is, and it appears it’s just at the whim of the moderator.

MiamiLooker, Sure, if it's ever not clear as to any action taken by a moderator, simply contact us. In most cases it's obvious but I understand your point. I can also reassure you that decisions are not based on a "whim of the moderator"... When an alert is received it's addressed by all moderators. Thanks for your comment. Coop

MiamiLooker, Sure, if it's ever not clear as to any action taken by a moderator, simply contact us. In most cases it's obvious but I understand your point. I can also reassure you that decisions are not based on a "whim of the moderator"... When an alert is received it's addressed by all moderators. Thanks for your comment. Coop

Thanks for your response, Cooper. As an example, in the thread “To the GOP M-F members here, are you ready to be purged?” in the Politics, Religion & War Issues forum (http://www.companyofmen.org/showthread.php?97033-To-the-GOP-M-F-members-here-are-you-ready-to-be-purged/page5) rapscallion was asked by deej to apologize for a post. It wasn’t clear to me if deej was posting as a regular poster or as a moderator. And, if he was posting as a moderator, what was the TOS infraction?

MiamiLooker... That's a good question and I had a feeling you were referring to that in your other post... It's mentioned in deej's reply that an alert was received. Like all alerts, any decision to take action is discussed in the Moderator's Forum. In the TOS, it specifically states that if you have a question regarding an action taken by a moderator to submit it to daddy... From the TOS: "If you have concerns about the actions of a moderator, please send an email to daddy@m4m-forum.org." The TOS also states, " Moderators frequently confer with each other and the site's management. Information conveyed during these discussions is and must be confidential." Again, if you need additional information, please contact us... I hope this helps. Coop

Archived