Somewhere in Norway ...

Steven_Draker
This topic is 3758 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Steven,

Thanks so much for sharing this video. There are some very simple lessons to be learned here for all of us who are blessed with so much. Given the terrible winter experienced by most of the US this year, I am sure that there are many "Johannes" that could use our help.

DD

I wonder if this would happen in, say, Russia or China. It's hard to know, but there's a video of a Chinese girl getting run over by a hit and run driver; 18 people step over her body, and not one stops to help her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Wang_Yue

I wonder if Scandinavian culture is one of the factors? The Danes, for example, were able to rescue almost all the Jews in their country during WW2 by warning them and helping them get to nearby Sweden. (True, the same didn't happen in Norway, but the Germans kept closer watch over Norway making it more difficult to hide anyone.)

Archived