Stereotypes: Gym

ajirons09
This topic is 3783 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

[video=youtube_share;nU4EJfX2aXE]

Absolutely hilarious and it was "spot on"...So many stereotypes you see everyday, that sometimes you just have to walk away from these guys and shake your head.

While I am the "singer" yup, guilty as charged, there is also the "dancers". Those are the guys that walk around so involved in listening to their music that they start dancing like they are on stage performing.

Thanks AJ, funny funny stuff.

So funny. So true. The last gym I went to, I had a great trainer and I was just a beginner working real hard to improve my health and body. I used to see all these guys in the free weight area and I was busting my ass, sweating like a pig, and beat and they never broke a sweat but took lengthy breaks between reps. I asked my trainer what that was all about and he said they worked hard at socializing. He called them the MIRROR MEN

Favorite part was the protein powder guy

Thanks

Boston Bill

And my trainer and I were talking today about another stereotype. Sort of a take-off on the screamer. The guys who shoulder press a fairly small amount of weight and then just throw it down on the ground to make the loudest noise possible. So everyone looks at them, to try to impress everyone with how much they are lifting.

This is awesome. The one thing they left out was the guy/s who camp out on a piece of equipment having personal time, and then quickly start their exercise when you come over to ask instead of getting the hell off the machine.

And yes, I thought the pratfall was done well too.

That's a pet peeve of mine. It's even worse than the guys who set up five different stations, going from one to the next in a circuit but -- after copious break/chat time as well -- they really only use each station about 1 minute out of every 15 minutes. I have no problem with someone doing a circuit between two things, and I do that myself without taking breaks apart from a quick sip of water. But "marking" several areas for an entire hour is just rude.

The "As Seen on TV Shake Weight Guy!" LOL! A couple of years ago I had a a couple if hernia operations and was told that I could not lift more than five pounds. I hate to admit it but I actually bought the Shake Weight because I needed to do something! Well I guess it was better than doing nothing... but it did not make my arms grow... They actually shrunk and I had to spring for smaller size leather arm bands as my regular pair kept slipping off!!! LOL!

That's a pet peeve of mine. It's even worse than the guys who set up five different stations, going from one to the next in a circuit but -- after copious break/chat time as well -- they really only use each station about 1 minute out of every 15 minutes. I have no problem with someone doing a circuit between two things, and I do that myself without taking breaks apart from a quick sip of water. But "marking" several areas for an entire hour is just rude.

I don't let someone like that get in my way of a workout. A guy tried that not long ago. I went to use some equipment and he came running over and said that he was still using the equipment. I asked him if he had a circuit going. I simply said very nicely, that the gym was very busy, and you can't tie up equipment like that because it holds everybody up, and I proceeded to workout. AND if I see someone like Chris mentions, just sitting on a machine texting, and I need to use that machine, then I ask them how long they are planning on texting, and would it be alright if I work in with them. People know when they are doing wrong, and more often than not, people move on.

I don't let someone like that get in my way of a workout. A guy tried that not long ago. I went to use some equipment and he came running over and said that he was still using the equipment. I asked him if he had a circuit going. I simply said very nicely, that the gym was very busy, and you can't tie up equipment like that because it holds everybody up, and I proceeded to workout. AND if I see someone like Chris mentions, just sitting on a machine texting, and I need to use that machine, then I ask them how long they are planning on texting, and would it be alright if I work in with them. People know when they are doing wrong, and more often than not, people move on.

Don't get me wrong...I'll definitely approach someone to work in with him, or if he's busy at one of the other stations I'll just use whatever I want even though there may be a towel or water bottle there marking the territory.

Don't get me wrong...I'll definitely approach someone to work in with him, or if he's busy at one of the other stations I'll just use whatever I want even though there may be a towel or water bottle there marking the territory.

Ha that's another one. The guy or girl that set their towel and water bottle down to save a machine, then walk off to go socialize.

AJ thanks for the great link. I took a look at there other sterotypes and saw the fantasy football one and sent it off to the people in the fantasy football pool at work and they all could not stop laughing. It was so true as they all said the "Commish" is exactly like thier commish. These guys are a great ensemble.

Archived