Who knew?

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 3894 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

"The results revealed that bar staff responded to a set of two non-verbal signals," the authors wrote in the study, published in late August. "[F]irst, customers position themselves directly at the bar counter and, secondly, they look at a member of staff."

from a recent study apparently conducted by The German Institute For Obvious Shit, and published in Frontiers In Psychology.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/19/how-to-get-served-bar-first-quickly-body-language_n_3955205.html?ref=topbar

I usually get served first at most bars, well actually after the first time. I am by nature a very heavy tipper. Most bartenders will get about a dollar on a well drink and maybe two dollars on 'top shelf' brands, and many have told me that with the under 25 crowd, on beer it is not uncommon not to receive a tip at all. I tip far and above that depending on the bartender. There are bars in FTL that when I walk in, the bartender starts pouring my drink, and in some of the more crowded bars, I can be sitting anywhere and before my drink is empty the bartender will check to make sure I am not ready for another one. My tipping might be a bit excessive, but then again I'm single and there aren't any children I have to put through college, or a wife at home shopping.

Hummmm, take the 20usd and fold in half the long way, out stretch your hand across the bar, shake it a little (money or money maker), make eye contact, and give a friendly greeting... while standing up straight....waiting, waiting, waiting, SERVED!!!! If this fails, then hit the door with green in the pocket for the next adventure, LOL... and so damn true...

Archived