See Jane Run...

jackhammer91406
This topic is 3914 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Some are going to take an opportunity to use this thread for a political rant. Some are going to take an opportunity to use this thread to go after a writer they hate.

But I have to ask, did anyone else watch the Sunday episode RED TEAM III on The Newsroom?

I admit I have long been a fan of Aaron Sorkin from A Few Good Men, to The American President, to The West Wing. I have followed this new series on HBO since it premiered last year. As those who follow the program know, Jane Fonda portrays the wealthy owner of a media conglomerate with a subsidiary called Altantic Cable News (ACN). She appears infrequently but always leaves an impression. This week she appeared in the last 3 minutes or so and good grief she looks terrific, amazing, and 40!. I don't often comment on women's wear , but she made that gown look incredible, like it was part of her. I liked the episode as well, but Jane looked beautiful.. I have tried to upload a pic but I must have lost my mind somewhere this afternoon because I am unable to do it. Perhaps one of our resident geniuses will be able to. But for my money, regardless of her or Aaron's politics and past, she looked great in this episode.

I love that show too, and yes, she looked amazing. She's 75! I have to admit I wondered how much artificial support went into making that look. This was her first appearance this season, I think, and I loved her bit - the obviously drunk rant about her passion for News Night contradicting everything about "it's all business" she'd said sober in the first season.

I heard a story on NPR about the new American Al Jazeera network and it sounds like they're going, in reality, for what News Night was supposed to be in fiction - a news network that concentrates on presenting the news, not on ratings.

Archived