Pop-up problem with massagem4m site?

maninsoma
This topic is 3937 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Starting today, when I visit massagem4m.com and search for masseurs in my location, an orange and white pop-up box comes up that's empty. There's an X to close it, but every time I switch between Search Results and Available Now the box reappears -- always empty. This happens with both Chrome and Firefox, but I have pop-up blockers installed on both of those browsers.

I noticed that in Internet Explorer (where I don't have a pop-up blocker), the box pops up and actually contains an ad for a "masseur of the day." The text indicates it will only appear once per day and that the ad can be viewed or closed. Sure enough, once I closed the pop-up and navigated back and forth the box did not reappear.

So my question to you techies is: Is there a way to really block this pop-up in Firefox or Chrome so a blank box doesn't keep reappearing? I guess I could allow the massagem4m site to have pop-ups (I'm sure that's what their coders want) and if it's just this one pop-up per day that wouldn't be so bad. I'd prefer to just block pop-ups entirely, though.

Okay, I figured out a bit of a work-around, but maybe someone will have an easier solution.

I just disabled the pop-up blocker for the site, closed the ad that now displayed, and then reenabled the pop-up blocker. Guess I'll have to do this every day so I don't have an empty pop-up window that I have to keep closing as I refresh the site.

Archived