Well played, Catherine.

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 3957 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It is nice for the monarchy to have a son. But whether a girl or a boy, I hope for good health and as "normal" a life as possible given the countless pressures that this young prince will face growing up. I think that William and Harry have done very well, and seem to be healthy and well adjusted, and almost seem like "regular guys".... so three cheers for the new royal in the Monarchy. May they all live long and happy lives.

It is nice for the monarchy to have a son. But whether a girl or a boy, I hope for good health and as "normal" a life as possible given the countless pressures that this young prince will face growing up. I think that William and Harry have done very well, and seem to be healthy and well adjusted, and almost seem like "regular guys".... so three cheers for the new royal in the Monarchy. May they all live long and happy lives.

+1. I like to think of their bloke-i-ness partly resulting from the early influence of Princess Di.

Much to my surprise, last night I watched a TV special on 'The Little Prince' that took the place of a regular weekly series I record. One of the major themes was how Diana broke with tradition in raising William & Harry, exposing them to 'normal' life as much as possible (e.g., sending them to school outside the palace & really rearing them herself rather than relying primarily on a cadre of nannies, etc.), and how prior to that, the royal parents were really rather distant in the rearing of their children.

Everyone expects William and Kate to follow Diana's example.

Archived