Amsterdam - where is the beef ?

diehard_002
This topic is 4110 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was doing some research on Amsterdam (Netherlands,Europe) planning on a visit in spring.

For a city that has a very liberal and party image, i was surprised there seem to be no male/gay strip clubs I could google.

There is a Sauna (Thermos) which is pretty popular i understand, but there's got to be places where you could take local talent on your lap.

Any experiences or information to share ?

Thanks

I think that "gay cities" covers Amsterdam, so you may be able to find some clubs that way. My impression is that the scene has evolved there, much as it has in Berlin, where "sex clubs" and the "saunas" have replaced strip clubs. You might also check out the Damron Guide for further information on the gay side of Amsterdam. As with fedssocr, I had some wonderful times at the "houses of boys" in the past, but they are all gone as far as I know. Times do change and the internet has made a huge impact on where, when and how people meet.

jgoo, you're right. i think they closed down a while ago. Many happy memories from Why Not. Loved how you can pick your boy from a catalog or amongst the hotties around the bar... too bad it's no longer there. I wish there were some male brothels but i guess everyone's become a free agent on the internet.

I believe Bar Why Not - Blue Boy closed down years ago (at least when I was there in 2006 it was closed as I recall), but perhaps they have reopened?

Archived