56 Up

foxy
This topic is 4155 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

One of the most fascinating documentaries ever made (I think) is a film by Michael Apted when he filmed 14 children at age 7 in 1964 and has followed their lives every 7 years till this, his latest film, when they are 56 years old. What is fascinating to me is that ordinary lives are as interesting or perhaps more so than those created in fiction. A true time capsule that captures something so many of us can relate to as we aged along with those that participated in this film. I think quite moving in a very quiet way. I hope it will continue.

One of the most fascinating documentaries ever made (I think) is a film by Michael Apted when he filmed 14 children at age 7 in 1964 and has followed their lives every 7 years till this, his latest film, when they are 56 years old. What is fascinating to me is that ordinary lives are as interesting or perhaps more so than those created in fiction. A true time capsule that captures something so many of us can relate to as we aged along with those that participated in this film. I think quite moving in a very quiet way. I hope it will continue.

As Living with the Louds showed, following and filming people in every day life can have unintended (or sometimes intended) consequences. No matter how noble or high the purpose I'm not sure this form of "reality tv" is better or worse than any other.

Archived