Legends of 2012 - Windsor Canada

smooth899
This topic is 4145 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has anyone ever been to Legends of 2012 in Windsor, Ontario, Canada? I'm planning a trip to Detroit and would like to cross the river and explore Windsor. I hear the lower level of this bar has nude strippers. Also, is crossing the border to/from Canada in Detroit a hassle?

Thanks!

I was a frequent patron at this bar's predecessor, The Happy Tap, but after the Sept 11 attacks, not many Americans were willing to do the border crossing from Detroit/Windsor, and business there dried up drastically, and they ended up closing down in spring 2002. I've only been a couple times since it opened as Legends, once right after it re-opened, and I wasn't very impressed. The guys just weren't that hot, and they have a couple pictures/ads in the local gay bar rags and the guys in the pictures aren't doing anything to change my mind. For what it's worth, I believe they still do have fully nude dancers. When it was the Tap, the guys would come out for one set and get fully naked, then do another set naked and hard. I've been meaning to give it another try but so far I've had no complaints with Gold Coast in Detroit.

The border crossing isn't bad. You do need a passport these days (you used to be able to cross with just a drivers license). Michigan offers an "enhanced" drivers license that will serve as a passport for at least US/Canada crossings, not sure if other states have that. It's been decades since I've been pulled over at the border for a random check, usually they just wave me through after checking my passport. (Hint: don't make a joke about the toy phaser on your dashboard.) You can take the bridge or the tunnel, the tunnel is closer to Legends (about 5 minutes away).

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to help.

• 2 weeks later...

If you'd like to have a drink while you're out or not drive for any reason, it's easy to get back & forth by The Tunnel Bus ($4 each way) or by taxi (meter + $10 each way). Immigration took about 2 mins last time I crossed by taxi.

http://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/transitwindsor/routes-and-schedules/tunnel-bus-to-detroit/pages/tunnel-bus-to-detroit.aspx

Archived