Dallas sets date for JR's funeral

josephga
This topic is 4170 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Dallas has set a date for what is bound to be the the biggest TV swan song of 2013 — the funeral of J.R. Ewing.

Three weeks after TV legend Larry Hagman‘s death from cancer complications, TVLine has learned that Dallas will lay his alter ego — an icon to multiple generations of viewers — to rest in the upcoming second season’s eighth episode, slated to air on March 11 on TNT.

Hagman completed filming a number of Season 2 episodes prior to his sudden passing. Although production was not significantly impacted, producers quickly began crafting a proper sendoff — one that is rumored to feature a number of returning Dallas vets (including several that have not yet been seen on the TNT version.)

Dallas‘ sophomore season is set to premiere on Jan. 28.

actually i read some place that pam will be returning.

Great news! Thanks. Hope she gets some screen time with Sue Ellen. I loved those two together.

Wonder how the writers will handle the balance between the usual badmouthing of JR and the need to speak well of the departed, especially as Larry Hagman is so fondly remembered. Do you think JR will be turned into a saint? If they have rights to use flashbacks from the original series, they could show what a louse he was, but I kind of doubt that they do.

Archived