The Musical Ragtime-I Get Teary

RexAll
This topic is 4173 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've always loved the musical Ragtime. But I get teary at multiple places in the story. One of them is during the song Journey On. I don't know what it is about the song. Maybe it's the thought of my Grandfather escaping from his life in Russia to come to America- the land of hope. Maybe it's the Mother's lament about being left behind again. I just don't know. Does anyone else out there get emotional watching Ragtime? Or if not Ragtime- any other plays or movies move you to tears?

[video=youtube;Gt_i61FB2iY]

Rex

Rex, curious as to what brings this up. Is there a production happening of which I am unaware? I loved the novel.

I don't know of any current or upcoming productions. I just love the musical, looked it up on You Tube, and darn it if I didn't get teary again. Maybe I'm just an emotional guy. The Moody Blues song Your Wildest Dreams does it to me too for some strange reason. Maybe it's because for me the 'words ARE touched with sorrow'.

[video=youtube_share;qxyEFlKe0Zo]

Rex

Ah Ragtime! My favorite show. A concert version of the show will be performed at Avery Fisher Hall in NYC on Monday, February 18th. Norm Lewis will be playing Coalhouse, Lea Salonga will be Mother and Tyne Daly Emma Goldman. New Music has brought me to tears every time I have seen this show. So does Til We Reach That Day.

Archived