Itunes Update

Ace
This topic is 4174 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey Guys;

Feels WEIRD to be posting here for the first time! I have an Itunes related question that I'm hoping one of you (as Daddy says) techno nerds can help me with:

I'm a BIG iTunes playlist guy (I make one each day to cover me from hanging around the house, the gym, work & OF COURSE, "intimate & (sometimes) NASTY times with clients. BEFORE the upgrade, I used to be able to populate the playlist & hit the shuffle key which would give me various configurations of the playlist. When I found one to my liking, I would sync my Ipod & be good to go!

NOW..................I can populate the playlist, but the shuffle icon only PLAYS the files (in random order each time I click on it) on my laptop. So, I don't visually see the list changing...giving me the option to pick a configuration & sync.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys...

Can't help you with that specific problem, but for anyone who wants their old iTunes "look" back you can get most of the way there pretty easily:

1) Open the options dialog and turn the menu back on. (What idiot decided to turn it off in the first place?)

2) On the View menu, turn on the sidebar and status bar.

These two actions also re-enable a couple of other controls that handle how things are displayed. I don't see anything that will help with your problem, but if you poke around you may find a way to get it.

1) Open the options dialog and turn the menu back on. (What idiot decided to turn it off in the first place?)

Sorry to be so clueless but where is the options dialog? I don't see it in any of the dropdown menus except for view options and when I open that I get a message that says there are no options.

Also, and more importantly I suppose, my right side scroll bar has disappeared along with the alphabet buttons. How do I get these back?

Thanks.

Sorry to be so clueless but where is the options dialog? I don't see it in any of the dropdown menus except for view options and when I open that I get a message that says there are no options.

Also, and more importantly I suppose, my right side scroll bar has disappeared along with the alphabet buttons. How do I get these back?

Thanks.

If you already have dropdown menus you don't need to turn dropdown menus back on, so I'm not sure what you're asking.

Have you considered using "Smart Playlists"? They can be your friend.

It takes awhile to "tag" your music (songs can have more than one "tag"). But once you do that it gets pretty sweet. You can "batch tag" to speed up the process. You can also "star rate" your music with 0-5 stars. The neat thing about star ratings is they are one of the few items that will backload from your iPod to update your computer iTunes library

So say you have "tagged" your library and you have a song whose genre you have tagged as "country", "popular", and "mood". You also have given it 4 stars. If you create separate Smart Playlists for Country, Popular, Mood and 4 Stars and that song will automatically populate those playlists. Other songs will automatically populate Playlists based on the "tags" you have given them. If you're playing a song that you've given a 3 Star rating to but decide you want to change it to 4 Stars then, while playing song on your iPod, change it from 3 to 4 Stars. Now it will automatically populate your 4 Star Playlist. And next time you sync to your computer it will update the iTunes database too.

From Apple iTunes Support:

https://discussions.apple.com/search.jspa?peopleEnabled=true&userID=&containerType=&container=&spotlight=false&q=%22smart%20playlist%22

Or PM me.

Can't help you with that specific problem, but for anyone who wants their old iTunes "look" back you can get most of the way there pretty easily:

2) On the View menu, turn on the sidebar and status bar.

These two actions also re-enable a couple of other controls that handle how things are displayed. I don't see anything that will help with your problem, but if you poke around you may find a way to get it.

This sounds like the way iTunes would work if Microsoft had brought it to market.

Archived