Email from Pimsleur language courses which are cheaper than B&N

dick_nyc
This topic is 7746 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I received this email today concerning the Pimsleur courses on languages. The price seems to be cheaper and it is now available on CD. I am attaching the whole email. It might be of interest to some members. I don't know if there is anything else special I need to do. This is the first topic I ever added:

Subj: Your next Language in 10 Days.

Date: 4/2/2003 7:21:23 PM Eastern Standard Time

Reply-to: LanguageLearning@replies.vtarget.com

To: rhomp2002@aol.com

Sent from the Internet (Details)

A soft, cotton cloud landing and worry falls away. You're in a foreign country now, but things don’t seem so foreign. You’ve planned well. Confidence is on your side when you speak the language. "Take me to the hotel, please... keep the change." A concierge later and you're in bed watching their local news, humming “It’s a Small World After All.”

A bit of free time, then that important meeting. Shopping. Definitely! You take in the sights and bites, flash camera lights, and wander through a market’s door. Chocolate, cheese, and bread. So many favorites to bring back, but the setting sun lets you know this satisfying day is almost done. You take a quick detour in search of nightlife and spark enjoyable conversations with the locals. You talk and laugh – a variety of subjects - but when jetlag catches up with you, you know it’s time to call it a night.

Today's your big day. You warmly greet everyone in their native tongue and engage them with the most tasteful anecdotes from your evening escapade. Everyone’s laughing before you signal that you’re ready to begin. Your proposal resonates with all. You could've translated it, but what's the point? They learn those business terms in English, any way. But you never would have broken the ice in English or caught new sayings if all you did was memorize. It’s your new ability to speak, listen, learn and improvise in another language that built your confidence and rapport. Your Pimsleur Approach audio course was definitely worth it!

The Pimsleur Approach Means Language Learning

Pimsleur Approach courses are designed specifically to help people like you. People who need to learn foreign languages fast, fluently, and forever. Dr. Pimsleur was a language educator for 40 years. He unveiled his revolutionary language learning approach for the public at Harvard in 1980. Since then, more than 25 million Pimsleur Approach courses have been sold. The FBI and CIA now train their foreign operatives with Pimsleur Approach courses. The Pimsleur Approach is that good!

Speak a New Way or Don’t Pay

In only 15 hours, you’ll know the essential words and structures in one of 36 languages. Enough to gain college credit! You can practice in your car, on the plane, or on a train. It’s that simple. What’s really spectacular is that each course takes a team of linguists over 2000 hours to develop. Learn to speak a foreign language in 30 days or receive a full and courteous refund. Click one of the links below to learn more about PimsleurApproach.com language courses or call us at 866-204-7139 (toll-free US) / +1 202-266-3328 (international).

Our Most Popular Languages:

Spanish

Japanese

Chinese (Mandarin)

Russian

French

German

Italian

English

Our Most Exotic Languages:

Albanian

Arabic (Eastern)

Arabic (Egyptian)

Armenian (Eastern)

Armenian (Western)

Chinese (Cantonese)

Croatian

Czech

Danish

Dutch

Farsi

German (Swiss)

Greek (Modern)

Haitian

Hebrew (Modern)

Hindi

Indonesian

Korean

Lithuanian

Norwegian

Ojibwe

Polish

Portuguese (Brazilian)

Portuguese (Continental)

Romanian

Swahili

Swedish

Thai

Twi

Ukrainian

Vietnamese

You received this email because you signed up to receive offers from Virtumundo and its marketing partners. To unsubscribe from the Virtumundo Rewards List, go to http://www.virtumundo.com/unsub or go here. To read Virtumundo's privacy policy, go to Privacy Policy. The products and/or services advertised in this email are the sole responsibility of the advertiser, and questions about this offer should be directed to the advertiser.

© 2002 Virtumundo, Inc. 816-777-1320 All rights reserved

I have used the Pimsleur Italian courses on tape and they were pretty good-as good as a language class on tape could be I suppose.It was a very basic course(all I wanted really)and was actually kinda funny.Almost like a course on how to meet young women in Italy!They are very well priced.Costco has a much more extensive course on CD rom for $19-but it is kind of "gamey"-not ripe minde you-but it has games you can play(hide the soppresetta anyone?)

I got the one for Brazilian Portugese when I decided to go to Rio. It helped me quite a bit, more because I got an idea of how close the language was to Spanish and how to pronounce certain letter combinations. Of course I didn't study it as hard as I should have either which may have had some bearing on the situation. I hated it that it was on casette rather than CD as I had to go out and get a casette player to use the tapes as they did not have a CD version.

That is why I posted this here as it might help somebody else who is going to be travelling and some of the other guys recommended this course.

Archived