Rentboy Liked on Facebook

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 4235 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This Monday morning was off to a bad start with a message from a friend that I liked Rentboy on Facebook. This freaked me out to put it bluntly. I have never liked Rentboy on Facebook since I did not want the world to know that I patronized Rentboy. Once again I did not do anything to like Rentboy on Facebook. I did not select "like." It just appeared.

What could have happened?

SORRY: About the title. It should be "liked" not "lied." Can you edit the title of a post?

I had a very similar, almost identical, experience. I mentioned it in the thread about Rentboy outing someone. I am not out and try to protect my privacy as much as possible so I certainly also did not want the world to know I look at Rentboy. I discovered I had liked it when going to facebook, something I don't always do that frequently. No idea how many people had seen it but I think I caught it fairly early.

Here is what I think might have happened: I went back on Rentboy and saw that the "like" icon is very near the scroll bar so I probably mistakenly clicked on it and never realized it when I intended to scroll down. That is the only thing I can think of that might have happened.

That sounds like a likely scenario. Why would Rentboy even have a Facebook page for one to like? So much for discretion!

I totally agree and wondered that myself. I honestly can't imagine too many people would find it advantageous to like it and have it show up on their Facebook.

Archived