Can someone explain this?

beethoven
This topic is 4238 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://www.massagem4m.com/ny/new-york-city/16388/

I came across this ad yesterday, and it's still here this morning. Why would M4M undercut a customer this way? Why would he allow them to to do this? Why don't they just refuse the ad, and refund his money? Why doesn't he tell them to delete the ad and refund his money? Who would call this guy?

I actually appreciate this very much and wish they'd be more strenuous in vetting and verifying their ads. New York City has a very high rate of young, often Eastern European masseurs who look nothing like the ads they post. Oftentimes it's 1 or 2 guys cycling through fake profiles of many different young men.

If MM4M is actually trying to help up by alerting us to something, good for them!

I agree with Mr. Garp. Seeing disclaimers such as those boosts my confidence in the integrity of the other ads.

"What does the ts stand for?"

I agree, in the end it's a great marketing tool for the website, it helps their credibility a lot. My question though - why just for this guy? What caused this? A customer complaint that they took seriously? Did he look underage in his pics and they didn't want the legal liability? It would be interesting knowing that.

My question though - why just for this guy? What caused this? A customer complaint that they took seriously?

Only Massage M4M can answer these questions since they have the inside scoop and did put the notice in place.

Maybe we can send our BigValBoy for a "test run". He has good "running" skills. :)

I agree, in the end it's a great marketing tool for the website, it helps their credibility a lot. My question though - why just for this guy? What caused this? A customer complaint that they took seriously? Did he look underage in his pics and they didn't want the legal liability? It would be interesting knowing that.

I've seen the disclaimer on a number of ads, not just this individual.

Maybe they're giving you a heads up that it could be a police sting?

I don't think that they would have or be able to reveal that kind of information. I think this disclaimer comes from known problems that they have with the masseurs trying to scam clients. Another reason why I like M4M more than the other sites.

He looks awfully young to me. Think he might be under 18? I wouldn't contact him for this reason.

Exactly my thoughts. He barely looks 18. Then, he states in his ad that he has 5 (five!) years experience giving massages? No thanks, that's too risky for me. I was not aware that the site publishes these warning messages. This is the first time I saw it. Good for them! I hope other sites follow suit.

Exactly my thoughts. He barely looks 18. Then, he states in his ad that he has 5 (five!) years experience giving massages? No thanks, that's too risky for me. I was not aware that the site publishes these warning messages. This is the first time I saw it. Good for them! I hope other sites follow suit.

It's a fairly recent development, these warning labels. I agree with others who have said this is a great development and a large step towards improving the credibility of the site.

Lohengrin

I'm still wondering if M4M is taking this guy's money to run the ad, and why the guy hasn't withdrrawn the ad.

I am sure they are still taking his money and I am sure he is still getting phone calls even with the warning. Some people overlook warnings if the face and body are appealing enough.

Archived