Driver's Road Skill Test

Travis69
This topic is 4243 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Let my drivers license expire so now have to take the "road skill test" again. Already took the written test and passed by the grace of God. My question is do they ask you questions, while in the actual car, like how many feet from a driveway you can park or is it purely driving, parking, not running over yellow cones and using turn signals type of thing?

Let my drivers license expire so now have to take the "road skill test" again. Already took the written test and passed by the grace of God. My question is do they ask you questions, while in the actual car, like how many feet from a driveway you can park or is it purely driving, parking, not running over yellow cones and using turn signals type of thing?

Travis, I wouldnt worry... Amanda Bynes and Lindsay Lohan Both have licenses. so if you know anymore that putting the key in the ignition and putting your foot on the pedal, you are ahead of the game.

Travis, I wouldnt worry... Amanda Bynes and Lindsay Lohan Both have licenses. so if you know anymore that putting the key in the ignition and putting your foot on the pedal, you are ahead of the game.

They probably showed a lot of cleavage. That's not going to work for me!!!! Maybe I'll take a box of the new KitKat Pops as a bribe.

Maybe I'll take a box of the new KitKat Pops as a bribe.

LOL LOL......You're a smart SOB Travis, my instructor looked like he had consumed numerous boxes of it that morning alone. Hell, might work! If not, I would try and work the cleavage angle. "One never knows, do one"

It depends on what state you're in, of course.

In CA, there are no questions about rules but they'll ask you to point out things like the emergency flashers and how to turn the headlights on and off and use the turn signals. Other than that, the examiner will probably only grunt "turn here" or "park there" and avoid having any more conversation with you than necessary.

When I read the original post, I thought it was a "serious" question and yet it wasn't until I got to Deej's reply that anyone treated it that way. Did I miss some clever nuance in the original post? Was there something there that lead several posters to joke rather than reply with information? Don't mean to be tight-assed, just curious and that is based on my own hesitancy to post questions sometimes.

Tell us, Travis, in what state you are taking the test and I suspect there will be at least one person who can answer your question---although I suspect Deef already has.

Don't mean to be tight-assed

Oh, Dear !

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/147/evilne.jpg

It was a serious question. Where is Rick Munroe when you need him?

Some people would accept some humor in an otherwise gray and monotonous day and some won't. It's not like he was lacking respect. Relax, my friend.

Thanks Steve and philmusc for re-assuring me that it was a serious question and you are correct, there are times when I don't always get the humour on this Forum---that's what prompted my reply and I do appreciate the humourous advice about taking a test drive out there so I could "loosen up" some of my parts that need it---I've been told by several others that I need to RELAX and just enjoy the ride. so your point is well taken. Doesn't mean I won't need lots of instruction---does anyone offer a course in---I'll let you clever fellows offer some possibilities. They probably will add some glow to a gray, drab day here.

Actually other than directions in where to turn etc they should have very little to say to you and you the same! A "Chatty Cathy" out of nerves could Fail You!

Archived