411 on Randy Blue

seeker630
This topic is 4249 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've always resisted subscribing to Randy Blue because I like to download copies of good videos for my private collection and Randy Blue used DRM to protect their videos.

Recently, however, I noticed that they've added the 'No DRM' logo to their site. What's not clear, however, is whether this applies only to recent videos or to the entire archive.

Does anyone here know?

Thanks.

All of their videos are DRM free. I have some from the beginning of the site and after a year they still play.

Phil, until very recently they were claiming still to use DRM. I know that, after a few months, your downloads didn't require a current membership (a 'loyalty' reward), but there was still some sort of protection to prevent copying - they told me that if I moved a video to another computer, it would no longer play.

Thanks for the info.

One thing I dislike is that there is very little support information on the site.

I vaguely remember reading on the site that if you play the video within a certain time period (I think it was 2 months)after downloading, it deactivates the DRM. I played all mine right away, so that might be why they still play. I questioned all this six months ago and they told me the DRM wasn't there anymore.

Phil, until very recently they were claiming still to use DRM. I know that, after a few months, your downloads didn't require a current membership (a 'loyalty' reward), but there was still some sort of protection to prevent copying - they told me that if I moved a video to another computer, it would no longer play.

Thanks for the info.

One thing I dislike is that there is very little support information on the site.

What if you just download to an external hard drive?

Archived