Visiting NYC

RacerXLA
This topic is 4276 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm visiting NYC 9/6 to 9/9 for the first time. I know I'm hitting up Adonis on Saturday night but are there any suggestions for the other nights? Staying in the Midtown area. you can pm me if you prefer. Any good cruisy bars you guys recommend for drink ;) lol. Thanks for any info.

I'm visiting NYC 9/6 to 9/9 for the first time. I know I'm hitting up Adonis on Saturday night but are there any suggestions for the other nights? Staying in the Midtown area. you can pm me if you prefer. Any good cruisy bars you guys recommend for drink ;) lol. Thanks for any info.

Do people really Still go to bars ??? I thought they just stay home and cruise/play the web on their computers while drinking "boxed" wine coolers ?

Hi Racer XLA... NYC from a Thursday to Sunday... I've always enjoyed Splash Bar 50W 17th St. between 6th and 7th Avenues... Also on the same block is Boxers... Pick up a free copy of NEXT magazine (at either bar) for a wide variety of gay activities... There are many gay bars in NYC, it's hard to say where you'll have the most fun... Recently, I went to XL, a younger dance crowd (under 30)... If you're looking to hook up, use grindr. You'll find hundreds of guys all within 1 mile... Yes, Evolve on Saturday is a good choice and the 20 Club on Sunday... Perhaps Ed James can tell you the best nights to attend the WEB, same street as Adonis... Enjoy your visit. Coop

First, get yourself a copy of the latest "NEXT MAGAZINE." It has the full listings of all NYC bars and parties. Yes, Splash and XL are on the list of must see places in NYC and have go-go boys and beautiful bartenders.

http://www.nextmagazine.com/

Cruising is what you make of it. Certainly Hell's Kitchen and Chelsea have a wide array of bars within a 10 block radius.

And, let's not forget the infamous Eagle bar...

The good news about NYC is that it is easy to jump in a cab and go from one neighborhood to another. The Cock in the East Village on Second Avenue and 1st Street is a notorious location and if that doesn't work out you can always pop into Urge next door.

I'd avoid the West Village although some of the bars on Christopher St are still popular.

So many places, so little time for a weekend trip...good luck and enjoy!

ED

My comment concerns the atmosphere in and around the Christopher St area. It has been the scene of many robberies, muggings, and police incidents over the past few years. I'm not pointing a finger, but the piers at the end of Christopher St have become a mecca for young gay men and women, the majority from the bouroughs, who hang out there. As a result a lot of transgendered folks have begun to congregate and it has become an area than many avoid. The same can be said for the area in and around West 4th St and Sixth Avenue where gangs of teens have been involved in many altercations. Sad, but true. Many efforts are being tried to get these "kids" out of the area and into a more open and conducive surrounding.

I spent many a night in the West Village as a young gay man back in the day. I spent almost every Sunday afternoon at the end of Christopher St enjoying the gay party atmosphere in many of the bars on the West Side Highway. Back in the day, Christopher St was a gay mecca and it was a lot of fun to party down there. (Also, you could get laid in about 5 minutes if you tried hard enough!!!LOL) Today, it has taken on a different atmosphere and unless I'm at the Lucille Lortel theater, I really don't go to the West Village much any more.

Alas, times change....but The Monster Bar at Sheridan Sq is still worth a visit and The Sonewall Bar is across the street/park. Even NYC's oldest gay bar, Julius, around the corner from Sheridan Sq, is still going strong.

ED

Archived