Time Out/Banned Question - For Moderators/Daddy

ErieBear
This topic is 4448 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

LOL....Apparently from all the Daddy Newbies very little! There are those people who definitely like playing with various screen names on Daddys and on the Internet in general.

Around here it seems they either compliment their other screen name or argue with it depending on their schizo mood!

I am not a computer genius but I am banned and decided to create a new name here on this (or any) site my IP Address would still remain the same. Now unless a moderator can block someone's IP Address, I would think that anyone would be able to just create new alias after new alias.

Why would you think that the site- or any site- cannot ban an IP address? That's how they keep people from coming back under an alias. However, it is not that hard to get an alternate IP address. Not that I recommend it...

With DHCP (dynamic IP) which most people have these days, getting a new IP address is as simple as "ipconfig /renew" banning IP addresses doesn't work. If you have a VPN (virtual private network), recommended to all to maintain privacy and anonymity, your IP is determined by your exit node and can be located anywhere in the world.

With DHCP (dynamic IP) which most people have these days, getting a new IP address is as simple as "ipconfig /renew" banning IP addresses doesn't work. If you have a VPN (virtual private network), recommended to all to maintain privacy and anonymity, your IP is determined by your exit node and can be located anywhere in the world.

Interesting. Unrelated to this topic, but if you use your work VPN, what does it mean by exit node? Is that how your company keeps track of who you are. I have used both the VPN token key and now the soft token. (Not about this, as I don't use work computer for personal-but this is the first I have heard of this-so wondering what it means.)

Interesting. Unrelated to this topic, but if you use your work VPN, what does it mean by exit node? Is that how your company keeps track of who you are. I have used both the VPN token key and now the soft token. (Not about this, as I don't use work computer for personal-but this is the first I have heard of this-so wondering what it means.)

If you're using your work VPN, it's usually because you're away from the office and using the VPN to "phone home" (using encryption) to your office network which is your exit node. If your'e using a VPN for anonymity/privacy, you're using the VPN to disguise your surfing traffic from the local ISP and the exit node is a remote location possibly in another country where your traffic can't be traced back to you.

If you're using your work VPN, it's usually because you're away from the office and using the VPN to "phone home" (using encryption) to your office network which is your exit node. If your'e using a VPN for anonymity/privacy, you're using the VPN to disguise your surfing traffic from the local ISP and the exit node is a remote location possibly in another country where your traffic can't be traced back to you.

Thanks! You learn something new every day.

Archived