Magic Mike Audiences..

Diverdan
This topic is 4320 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just returned from seeing Magic Mike at a suburban theater...the audience was a bit suprising, but I guess I should have suspected the same. The crowd was rather small... I happened to get there early enough to watch the prior show audience leave... 90% were groups of women, mostly middle aged and older and most were obese. The audience at the showing I was at was about 60% of mostly middle aged and older and again 90% of them were obese. In addition there were a number of younger women and girls, but this group was far better looking and shapely than the older group. I counted only about six other guys in the audience and all were with female companions. I was the only single guy there. So, for those of you in a metropolitan area, what was your experience with the audience? And, just for the record, I thought the movie was well done, and I enjoyed it, and not just the hunky male bodies... there was actually a story line, although a bit contrived.

DD

I attended a performance on Monday night in NYC. I agree, about 90% or more women, although I didn't see many obese women, they seemed pretty normal to me. Only a handful of guys. The place wasn't full, but not a bad audience for an early evening Monday show. I agree - the bodies on display on the screen were spectacular.

I enjoyed the movie however the pacing at times left one yawning...

I was wondering if they left the wrong 20 minutes on the cutting room floor. There were several areas that were choppy as if we were missing the good parts.

Some of the scenes were so cheesy that even I was groaning: "Feel my wife's tits" and "I Love you Man..."

I have high hopes for the DVD release. Hopefully they'll put out a director's cut to clean up the problems and put some more zing into the mix.

I saw it on Monday, late afternoon, in downtown San Francisco. Several over 30, gay male couples, women in groups, some obese some not, a few straight couples of various ages. I must say, after all that testosterone, I went to EROS (a local, safe sex club), to blow off some steam!

I saw "Magic Mike" Tuesday evening at the AMC Empire in Times Square where they have two theaters playing the movie. The audience -- and the house was full -- was almost totally made up of young women whose ecstatic screaming sometimes drowned out the sound track. I suspect there were some real orgasms back there in the dark.

I definitely enjoyed the male pulchritude especially seeing Adam Rodriguez nearly naked; I've always adored his sultry sexiness on "CSI: Miami." WOOF!!! The story and a lot of the acting were, however, pretty lame. Still -- all that naked flesh on the giant screen! Worth the price of admission.

buzz

I saw "Magic Mike" Tuesday evening at the AMC Empire in Times Square where they have two theaters playing the movie. The audience -- and the house was full -- was almost totally made up of young women whose ecstatic screaming sometimes drowned out the sound track. I suspect there were some real orgasms back there in the dark.

I definitely enjoyed the male pulchritude especially seeing Adam Rodriguez nearly naked; I've always adored his sultry sexiness on "CSI: Miami." WOOF!!! The story and a lot of the acting were, however, pretty lame. Still -- all that naked flesh on the giant screen! Worth the price of admission.

buzz

I thought the screaming completely made the movie. And I couldn't place AR—now I know exactly who he is.

Saw "Magic Mike" last Saturday at an early afternoon matinee in a Chicago suburb. Mostly women, mostly large women, in groups, chowing down on mega-size tubs of popcorn and drinking mega-size sodas. There were a few couples, I was the only single male. Enjoyed the movie, but agree totally with Daddy's comments. There were also many times when I wished the camera had lingered (on Matt Bomer's ass, for example) instead of cutting away quickly. I also thought that Alex Pettyfer, whose acting ability I had questioned, did a credible job with his character.

Saw it last weekend. Living in a college town, it was sold out for every showing. At the screening I attended, it was 1/3 young college women, 1/3 mixed middle aged women, and 1/3 men (mostly gay). What amazed me was the outspoken responses and cheering by the women in the movie theater when the dancing started. Not that the men weren't, but the women were more in number and much louder! It was a decent flick with great eye candy. I have to agree it appeared that there were some great parts cuts from the film.

Archived