Summer TV

seeker630
This topic is 4331 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Most of the network shows are in re-runs and some of the cable network series have recently ended (e.g., "The Borgias" and "The Big C" ).

That gave me the opportunity to watch the re-runs of "The Boss" (Kelsey Grammer is great, somewhat to my surprise) and I've been watching "Longmire" on A&E.

Has anyone else found something to recommend this summer?

Most of the network shows are in re-runs and some of the cable network series have recently ended (e.g., "The Borgias" and "The Big C" ).

That gave me the opportunity to watch the re-runs of "The Boss" (Kelsey Grammer is great, somewhat to my surprise) and I've been watching "Longmire" on A&E.

Has anyone else found something to recommend this summer?

Chicago Mob wives, and Chicagolicious. Also I am enjoying Around the World in 80 plates. And, So You Think You can Dance (lots of boy candy). I like Duets (Alan and John are HOT)

And the Glee Project.... I just like frivolous, mindless entertainment !

New season of "Franklin & Bash" (TBS) and "Suits" (USA) started a couple weeks ago and are light entertainment (and some hot stars). The new and final season of "Weeds" (Showtime) starts this Sunday.

I watched the first season of "The Borgias" and thought it was pretty good but for some reason I couldn't get into the second season. Although I though Kelsey Grammer was great, I couldn't get into "The Boss" either, even though I tried.

New season of "Franklin & Bash" (TBS) and "Suits" (USA) started a couple weeks ago and are light entertainment (and some hot stars). The new and final season of "Weeds" (Showtime) starts this Sunday.

I watched the first season of "The Borgias" and thought it was pretty good but for some reason I couldn't get into the second season. Although I though Kelsey Grammer was great, I couldn't get into "The Boss" either, even though I tried.

Maybe I'll give "Franklin & Bash" a try. Looking forward to the final season of "Weeds" - I enjoyed the earlier seasons, but as Nancy got crazier & more amoral, I've liked it less. Silas seems like the only sane one left (except perhaps Andy - in a crazy sort of way ;) )

Franklin & Bash The First Season I liked. But this 2nd Season for me is getting kind of old very fast. Malcolm McDowell seems to be the only interesting character in it.

This turning their House into a Bar is getting very redundant! :rolleyes:

I'm guessing the fact "Suits" never did anything for me has alot to do with it! Although the SUITS program I'm sure turns some on....those guys wear them well!

I watch White Collar for business. It has a very strong fan base, even though I find the writing formulaic. Season 4 starts soon. I will be watching the return of Weeds, Episodes, and Breaking Bad, which also begin airing in the coming days/weeks. Without a DVR, I would see nothing.

I watch White Collar for business. It has a very strong fan base, even though I find the writing formulaic. Season 4 starts soon. I will be watching the return of Weeds, Episodes, and Breaking Bad, which also begin airing in the coming days/weeks. Without a DVR, I would see nothing.

I watch "White Collar", and I watched "Breaking Bad" for the first 2 seasons but the, for some reason, I missed some episodes and couldn't get back into it. I might try picking it up again.

I recommend Strike Back on Cinemax. It's a "24" type show with lots of action and an edge of your seat storyline about a British covert ops team. The eye candy is exceptional. The two male leads are very hot and find themselves in different stages of undress quite a bit. I watched it last summer and was hooked. I think the new season starts in Aug. You can usually find the episodes online if you don't subscribe to Cinemax.

Also, Damages will be back on DirecTV in a couple of weeks. Once again, I don't subscribe but am able to find it online after it airs.

Summer network programming for me has become a snore. I used to enjoy Big Brother, but that too, has become tiresome. It's simply too much of an investment of my time to actually follow what's going on and to take sides with the worst people there. :)

I love Shameless and Boardwalk Empire and look forward to their return in the fall.

Other than that, I like hanging out at the beach looking for tattooed Ex-Con's who want to make me their oral bitch for the night. :p

Too much information?

Sorry, nothing new to recommend. I'm still catching up on "Sex and the City". Thanks for the "Strike Back" recommendation. Sounds like my kind of show. I did like both seasons of the "Borgias" though it was way WAY OFF historically, even for a TV historical drama. Love DWTS, but I'm giving SYTYCD a pass because of the judges (too pompous for me).

I also, cum to think of it, enjoy the summer show "So you think you can Bukkake" but the auditions are horribly scripted, and for me, you either can or you can't.

Plus, I hate people being judged on their performances by old, washed-up judges, who can't anymore either. Or, who never could in the first place.

Omg, I might be in the wrong forum to even suggest that.

So, cum to think about it, I guess I don't!

Besides, I'd rather snort the dust of a rabid toad than be subjected to the hormonal heckle of an out of control female judge.

And, Yes, JJ, I'm talkin' bout you! LOL! :p

I also, cum to think of it, enjoy the summer show "So you think you can Bukkake" but the auditions are horribly scripted, and for me, you either can or you can't.

Plus, I hate people being judged on their performances by old, washed-up judges, who can't anymore either. Or, who never could in the first place.

Omg, I might be in the wrong forum to even suggest that.

So, cum to think about it, I guess I don't!

Besides, I'd rather snort the dust of a rabid toad than be subjected to the hormonal heckle of an out of control female judge.

And, Yes, JJ, I'm talkin' bout you! LOL! :p

Sorry Boner, too late. You've already been subjected to my hormonal heckle, and You're NOT going to Vegas.......:p:p

Sorry Boner, too late. You've already been subjected to my hormonal heckle, and You're NOT going to Vegas.......:p:p

Your hormonal heckle must have been a mere pimple on the elephant man then. I never even noticed, but fore the writing in the sky from your broom!

Like some others here, my favorites from last year were SUITS, C.H.A.O.S., and FRANKLIN AND BASH. This year for some reason CHAOS was not repeated, and while SUITS has some interesting new (and loathsome) characters such as the former and now=returned senior partner, RANKLIN AND BASH does not have the great chemistry between its ytwo stars as last year. I keep watching hoping it will get better, or was it simply a meteor in the summer sky last year??? I find it not finding its footing in plots and characters and the chemistry between Franklin and Bash is simply not coming across this season. I may try WHITE COLLAR.

Archived