Gay Mormon Who's Been Happily Married for 10 Years (to a woman)

leeper
This topic is 4518 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I found this account quite interesting. Since I've met a number of posters on this board who have been married to a woman, at least at some point in their lives, I thought it might elicit some personal insight or comments.

http://gawker.com/5917022/im-a-gay-mormon-whos-been-happily-married-for-10-years

--Lee

Well I have never been married, but I have know several gay guys who were married. I would guess on some level there is some dishonesty with this therapist, maybe he is not aware of it, but he seems to be trying to show himself as an alternative.. At best this is very much an exception and not the rule IMO.

He really does need therapy. His blog is full of contradictions, but to each his own.

I only know one married couple where the guy is openly gay and his wife knows it. They have had some very difficult times in their life together, but she has compromised enough to "allow" him to exercise his emotional and sexual attachments to men. They have children, and both he and his wife say they have a "normal" sex life, but he says that sex with men is much more fulfilling, satisfying and something that he could not live without. I suspect that once their children are grown they will separate and maybe get a divorce. That has happened to every other couple I know where the man was gay. It never lasted.

He really does need therapy. His blog is full of contradictions, but to each his own.

Well, I would go a step further and say that he needs QUALITY therapy with a true professional.

As a former Mormon, his blog drives me absolutely crazy. I see all sorts of denial on his part and I don't think she's doing him any favors.

But, you're right when you say "to each his own". Just glad that his life is not close to mine.

The guy says: I want to share my situation so that you can know further truth: I am gay. I am Mormon. I am married to a woman. I am happy every single day. My life is filled with joy. I have a wonderful sex life. And I've been married for ten years, and plan to be married for decades more to come to the woman of my dreams.

Some of the other stuff he said could be true, but what bullshit to say you're happy every single day, and that your life is "filled with joy." I have to say that I live a comparatively charmed life myself, and feel fortunate for the hand I've been given. But no one lives a life of happiness every single day. Unless he suffers from a medical condition in which his libido is very low, there is no way he can't feel frustrated over his inability to act on his biological urges (assuming it's true that he remains faithful to his wife). Yes, I'm sure it's possible to be at peace with an essentially celibate lifestyle. Maybe there are some truly celibate priests out there. But there's no way I will believe that he's not frustrated about his situation, let alone that his life is filled with constant happiness and joy.

The guy says: I want to share my situation so that you can know further truth: I am gay. I am Mormon. I am married to a woman. I am happy every single day. My life is filled with joy. I have a wonderful sex life. And I've been married for ten years, and plan to be married for decades more to come to the woman of my dreams.

Some of the other stuff he said could be true, but what bullshit to say you're happy every single day, and that your life is "filled with joy." I have to say that I live a comparatively charmed life myself, and feel fortunate for the hand I've been given. But no one lives a life of happiness every single day. Unless he suffers from a medical condition in which his libido is very low, there is no way he can't feel frustrated over his inability to act on his biological urges (assuming it's true that he remains faithful to his wife). Yes, I'm sure it's possible to be at peace with an essentially celibate lifestyle. Maybe there are some truly celibate priests out there. But there's no way I will believe that he's not frustrated about his situation, let alone that his life is filled with constant happiness and joy.

It seems pretty glossy. I must admit, it is a pretty destructive way to preach to others.

Archived