Could you pass a US citizenship test?

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 4377 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As one who teaches high school, I can assure you the results would be abysmal on a VERY good day. :(

Tyro

I enjoyed it as a diversion earlier today, scored almost 100% -- I too had the wrong year the Constitution was approved, but wondered to work colleagues later how high school (or college) students today would do as I find many of them abysmally shallow (or clueless) when it comes to civics, American history, or topics such as the Federalist Papers, the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence etc...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I enjoyed it as a diversion earlier today, scored almost 100% -- I too had the wrong year the Constitution was approved, but wondered to work colleagues later how high school (or college) students today would do as I find many of them abysmally shallow (or clueless) when it comes to civics, American history, or topics such as the Federalist Papers, the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence etc...

I missed the same question. Dates, to me, aren't nearly as important as content. Unfortunately most citizens don't know either.

Yeah, but only because you can yell out the window: "HEY! HEYYYY! SULLY—when was the Constitutions written? Yeah? FOR REALS? YEAH WELL FUCK YOU TOO! Stupid bastard. Let's see... click. Well hey, the dumb sumbitch was right once."

I doubt he would be any help, he is a crack head drug dealing pimp. Also, American History was always a favorite subject of mine... I do own Ken Burns Civil War...

This Conservative dumb-ass scored 96 of 96. And the part about when the Constitution was written I keep in mind by remembering 7-11. In the 7th month of 1776 we got the Declaration of Independence. Eleven years later we got a Constitution. In the interim, we had the Articles of Confederation.

Archived