International Jet Set Adventure - Any takers or thoughts?

down_to_business
This topic is 4530 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Groupon is offering on Wednesday the following:

Delta Air Lines, Air France, KLM, and Alitalia - North America, Europe, and Asia

International Jet Set Adventure in Economy Class or Business Class with Optional Scavenger Hunt

2 economy tickets : 10,000 or

2 business class tickets : 20,000

Some of the details:

•Valid for flights on Delta Air Lines, Air France, KLM or Alitalia

•Cannot use miles to purchase

•Must travel in 1 direction, eastbound or westbound (cannot backtrack)

•Must stop over for 24hr at minimum of 3 locations & maximum of 10 locations

•Must make 1 stop each within Europe and Asia (northern hemisphere only)

What You Get

A pair of tickets for an around-the-world flight through North America, Europe, and Asia

•$10,000 for a pair of round-the-world economy class tickets

•$20,000 for a pair of round-the-world business-class tickets, including unlimited access to the Delta Sky Club for the two travelers

Included in both options:

•Minimum of 3 and up to 10 stopovers (minimum 24 hours each)

•Stopovers valid at any Delta Air Lines, KLM, Air France, or Alitalia airport in North America, Europe, and Asia (northern hemisphere)

•All taxes and fuel surcharges

•One checked bag (up to 50 lbs.) in economy class or two checked bags (up to 50 lbs. each) in business class

•Optional scavenger hunt with prizes

Amenities

•Complimentary nonalcoholic beverages

•Complimentary wine and beer on international and domestic business-class flights

•Complimentary meals (on flights over a certain length) and cocktails in business class

•Entertainment library of movies, TV, and music (available on certain aircraft)

•Personal touchscreen (available on certain aircraft)

•WiFi on most domestic flights

•Delta Sky Club access for business-class travelers

Not too bad dtb...20,000 for a pair of around-the-world-business class tickets. I am looking for the down side to all of this.

All access to Delta sky club etc. and at least 3 stopovers. That is only 10,000 each. Would I be able to get my miles with this also? It seems like a hell of a deal. How long is the offer good for?

Not too bad dtb...20,000 for a pair of around-the-world-business class tickets. I am looking for the down side to all of this.

All access to Delta sky club etc. and at least 3 stopovers. That is only 10,000 each. Would I be able to get my miles with this also? It seems like a hell of a deal. How long is the offer good for?

Eligibility:

•Travel may include Delta, Delta Connection®, Air France, Air France by CityJet, Air France Regional, Air France Brit Air, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, KLM Cityhopper, Alitalia marketed and operated flights only. Travel must originate in the 50 U.S. states, U.S. Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico from any airport that Delta, Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and Alitalia fly from/to.

•Travel permitted for Northern Hemisphere only.

•Voucher must be redeemed by November 18, 2012, and travel must be completed within 323 days of redemption due to flight schedule availability. Travel must be booked at least one week in advance of first day of intended travel.

•Travel must continue in a forward direction – travel requires, and is limited to, one flight over the Atlantic and one flight over the Pacific (no backtracking allowed between continents).

•No open segments allowed. Must confirm all flights in itinerary at time of redemption.

•Minimum 3 stops/Maximum 10 stops – must include one stop in Europe, one stop in Asia and one additional stop – a stop is 24 hours or longer.

•A maximum of 16 coupons per person is permitted. One coupon equals one non-stop flight or one unflown segment (i.e. if customer flies non-stop from Atlanta to Los Angeles, then takes alternate transportation to San Francisco, then flies non-stop from San Francisco to Tokyo, this would total 3 coupons).

•Travel must return to the U.S., but may return to a different city; that city can not be geographically further than the city in which the journey originated in the direction of travel.

•At least one passenger must be 18 years of age.

•No upgrades are permitted with purchase of Economy Class ticket. Business Class allows First Class travel on domestic U.S. segments.

•Eligible for mileage accrual in participating frequent flyer programs.

•International travel baggage allowances/fees apply. For Economy Class tickets, fee of 80 USD/CAD/EUR applies to second checked bag when bags are prepaid during online check-in at Delta.com; additional fee of 20 USD/CAD/EUR (100 total) applies if checking in via ticket counter, kiosk, or curbside. (CAD and EUR applies only to exit from Canada and Europe, respectively.) Allowance subject to size and weight limits. Visit Delta.com/baggage for more details.

•Standby not allowed.

•Pets not allowed.

•Eligible for Economy Comfort seating where available on Delta and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines operated flights.

Travel Period:

•All travel must be booked by November 18, 2012, and completed within 323 days of booking date, due to flight schedule availability.

Valid Areas:

For the purposes of this offer, geographical regions are defined as follows:

•Asia

The area comprised of Cambodia, China, Guam, Hong Kong SAR, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Palau, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan (Province of), Thailand, Vietnam.

•Europe

The area comprised of Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (including Azores and Madeira), Romania, Russian Federation (west of Urals), Serbia, Slovenia, Spain (including Balearic and Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.

•North America

The area comprised of Alaska, Canada, the continental USA, Hawaii, Mexico.

The deal is available only Wednesday, first come first served, and I think it will sell out instantly! I mean damn-- you can even hit Hawaii on the way back home and it says you can earn mileage.

This is very similar to the "Around The World" travel offered by United Airlines and their Star Alliance Network which includes Lufthansa, Singapore, China, Thai,etc. I have used one of these options four different times, and each time booked in business and was able to upgrade to First Class using miles. The last time I used it I had an incredible trip and the First Class on Lufthansa to Beijing was fantastic...upper deck, dinner cooked to order, pajamas, etc. Very similar to a flight on Singapore from Dubai to Singapore and then on to Sydney. If I had the money right now, I would be tempted to buy this deal, even though it is on Delta and their alliance. If anyone is able... GO FOR IT..

DD

I think this is an OK deal, but not necessarily a great deal. Most of the airline networks offer some kind of "around the world" deals, and I just tried the oneworld alliance with a dream itinerary and it came out to about $10,000 for business class... the same as the groupon deal. You can try it out at http://www.oneworld.com/flights/round-the-world-fares/oneworld-explorer/

Archived